Drew Valentine, a member of the Corporate group, primarily advises companies, underwriters and governments on a broad range of high-profile capital markets transactions and emerging growth company financings, both in the United States and Internationally.
Mr. Valentine offers clients unique experience handling prominent capital markets transactions on behalf of globally recognized brands and major investment banks. His emerging companies practice includes representing start-ups and venture capital firms from Series A through sale or IPO. He has advised on matters involving a range of industries, with a particular focus on the technology, consumer retail, healthcare and industrial sectors. Mr. Valentine also represents companies with respect to general corporate and securities matters.
His transactional work includes advising on:
- Initial public offerings
- High-yield and investment grade debt offerings
- Public and private equity and equity-linked securities offerings
- Emerging company preferred stock and convertible note financings
- Cross-border transactions
- Liability management transactions
His broader corporate practice includes advising on:
- Corporate governance issues
- Periodic and current filings with the Securities Exchange Commission
- Satisfying requirements set forth by the New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq
- J.D., University of Toronto
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises SR One in co-leading US$175 million Series C financing round in Avalyn...
9 November 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises PlayUp on its de-SPAC business combination with NASDAQ-listed SPAC
3 October 2022 .3 minute read