András Posztl has extensive experience in international and domestic mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and private equity work. He works with international and Hungarian corporates, as well as with family-owned companies, particularly in the Energy and Media sectors.
He is widely recognised as a leading M&A lawyer and leads the Mergermarket rankings in Hungary for the volume of transactions he has been involved between 2005 and 2022.
András Posztl is the Country Managing Partner of DLA Piper Hungary.
- Advising an Italian multinational oil and gas company on several buy-side and sale-side transactions, providing full-scale due diligence.
- Advising one of the largest media houses in Hungary on its acquisition. Our work included legal due diligence and we assisted the client during the whole process.
- Advising one of the largest frozen bakery companies in the world on the acquisition of one of the most successful bakery franchises in Europe. This multijurisdictional mandate required in-depth knowledge of franchise law, intellectual property law and top quality transactional know-how.
- Advising one of the leading companies in the Hungarian agricultural market on the sale of its minority shareholding and buyout of the majority shareholding.
- EU and competition law studies, Universität Trier, Germany, 1994
- J.D., Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Faculty of Law, 1989-1994 summa cum laude
- András Posztl is a very strong lawyer. – Chambers Europe, 2023
- András Posztl is highly regarded for his work on M&A transactions. He has experience advising clients on joint ventures, acquisitions and mergers and is a popular choice for transactions involving the natural resources and energy sector. – Chambers Europe, 2022
- András Posztl receives acclaim for assisting with prestigious transactions and joint venture mandates. Posztl is especially active on transactions in the real estate and TMT sectors. – Chambers Europe, 2021
- András Posztl is very bright, energetic and someone you want to have on your side. Clients highlight his ability to really synthesise law and business into a practically applicable idea. – Chambers Global, 2020
Rankings and Awards
- Chambers Global, 2017 - 2023, Corporate and M&A, (Individual Rankings): Band 1
- Chambers Europe, 2017 - 2023, Corporate and M&A, (Individual Rankings): Band 1
- Legal 500, 2019 - 2023, Corporate M&A, (Individual Rankings): Leading Individual
- IFLR1000, 2018 - 2022, M&A, (Individual Rankings): Highly Regarded/Market Leader
- IFLR1000, 2018 - 2020, Energy, Government and public policy, (Individual Rankings): Highly Regarded/Market Leader
- Mergermarket, based on the volume of M&A deals 2005 - 2022, (Individual Rankings): #1
Memberships And Affiliations
- Supervisory Board Member of Friends of The Liszt Academy of Music
- Member of YPO, the global leadership community of extraordinary chief executives
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises the Renault Group in connection with its divestment program in Central,...
13 February 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read