With the world's largest network of dedicated investigative professionals and dispute lawyers, DLA Piper’s Global Investigations team provides guidance on all criminal, regulatory and crisis scenarios.
"Our experience and presence in the world's key regions enables us to deploy multi-disciplinary, cross-border teams to deal with every shade of corporate, regulatory and internal investigation."
Senator George J. Mitchell, Partner and Senior Advisor, DLA Piper
Comprising white collar crime and regulatory defense lawyers, dedicated investigative lawyers, and former regulators, government attorneys and prosecutors, our multi-disciplinary and cross-border team can deal with all kinds of investigation, in particular relating to audit inquiries, bribery and corruption, fraud, money laundering, market abuse, tax evasion, product liability, labor law issues, sanctions breaches and anti-competitive behavior; we regularly manage complex cross-border investigations and asset recovery exercises and we can assist to prepare for and respond to cyber-attack.
We can respond to challenges of any size, tailoring individual teams to the needs of our clients. We commit to providing services of the highest quality and integrity (including data management) and to do so efficiently and cost effectively.
We are one of a few international law firms with a dedicated and substantial global Investigations team with proven ability to share expertise and resources across our global platform. Our local advisors in the US, the UK, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia have deep experience and resources in handling criminal, regulatory and internal investigations for multinational companies with operations and businesses spread across the globe.
Our team also works side-by-side with our compliance specialists to assist multinational companies to conduct innovative proactive compliance reviews, develop effective compliance programmes to control risk, train employees, create monitoring and auditing procedures, and devise strategies for remedial action. This innovative approach sets us apart from traditional investigation practices.
Our core investigatory and compliance services include:
- Subject matter, sector based or country orientated investigations
- Internal investigations, regulatory investigations and criminal investigations
- Risk reviews, regulatory risk gap analysis and proactive compliance strategy audits
- Expert insight into the latest regulatory developments, investigation ‘hot spots’ and enforcement trends
- Compliance strategies that keep exposure to a minimum
- Response to contentious and non-contentious regulatory and contractual issues
- Crisis management
- Mitigating business interruption, economic loss and reputational damage
- Training global teams to respond effectively to regulatory intervention, including raid training.
We are proud to be recognized by the Global Investigations Review 2021 as a Top 30 Investigations firm globally.