Global data transfer: A growing divideA CLE webinar
December 13, 2022 | 1 pm – 2 pm PST | 2 pm – 3 pm MST | 3 pm – 4 pm CST | 4 pm – 5 pm EST
Although transfer of data is critical to the global economy, it is under fire in a number of jurisdictions. Please join Andrew Serwin and Carolyn Bigg, Global Co-Chairs of DLA Piper’s Data Protection, Privacy and Security group, for a 60-minute panel discussion with 3M’s Sooji Seo and Lumen’s Hugo Teufel.
Among the issues we will examine:
- the critical role data plays in the economy and how to think of data transfer in that light;
- the implications of what will likely be Schrems III;
- increasing barriers to data transfer in China.
We hope you will join us for this informative event.
- Carolyn Bigg, Partner and Global Co-Chair, Data Protection, Privacy and Security Group, DLA Piper (Hong Kong)
- Sooji Seo, SVP, General Counsel, Information and Digital, and Chief Privacy Officer, 3M
- Andrew Serwin, Partner and Global Co-Chair, Data Protection, Privacy and Security Group, DLA Piper (San Diego)
- Hugo Teufel III, Chief Privacy Officer, Lumen Technologies
A link to join the session will be sent prior to the event.
For more information
Please contact Joanne Jordan with questions.
DLA Piper LLP (US) has been certified by the State Bar of California, the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board, and the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider. The following CLE credit is being sought:
- California: 1.0 Credit (1.0 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- Illinois: 1.0 Credit (1.0 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- New Jersey: 1.2 Credits (1.2 General, 0.0 Professional Responsibility)
- New York: 1.0 Transitional & Non-Transitional Credit (1.0 Professional Practice, 0.0 Ethics and Professionalism)
CLE credit will be applied for in other states where DLA Piper has an office with the exception of Minnesota, North Carolina, and Puerto Rico.