Celebrating the pro bono achievements of the legal community in 2023
23 November 2023, 17:30 - 19:00 GMT
40 Molesworth Street
Join us to celebrate the pro bono achievements of the legal community in 2023, including the presentation of the 2023 Pro Bono Pledge Ireland Report. A panel of NGO representatives and lawyers will share their experiences of collaborative projects and the use of pro bono legal services.
Program of the event
- Opening remarks from Marcus Walsh, Legal Director and Chair of Pro Bono & CSR Committee at DLA Piper Ireland
- Launch of 2023 Pro Bono Pledge Ireland Report by Roisin Fitzpatrick, a council member of FLAC, Partner and solicitor at Deloitte Ireland LLP
The Chair of the Bar Council, Sara Phelan SC, and the Senior Vice President of the Law Society, Eamon Harrington, will attend and speak at the launch.
Panel discussion featuring:
- Richard King (Project Manager: Migrant Project & Refugee Service, Crosscare)
- Aoife Kelly Desmond, Mercy Law Centre
- Marieanne Mc Keown, Kids in Need of Defence (KIND)
- VAS (Voluntary Assistance Scheme of The Bar of Ireland)
This face-to-face event aims to celebrate the impact of Ireland's pro bono efforts and inspire further collaborative projects for the coming year.
Pro Bono Pledge Ireland is the first collaborative effort in Ireland to articulate the shared professional responsibility of lawyers to promote access to justice and provide pro bono legal assistance to those in need. The Pledge sets out the core values of such work to assist both those who undertake it and their clients.
PILA is a public interest law network that seeks to engage the legal community and civil society in using the law to advance social change.