Electric vehicle tax credits: highlights for the automotive, transportation, and clean energy industries
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm ET
11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT
9:00 am - 10:00 am PT
Joining instructions will be sent prior to the event.
Please join us for the second session in our Clean Energy Tax Credit CLE and CPE speaker series.
This session will provide an overview of new federal EV tax credits as well as a discussion of the practical implications for your business, including potential interpretations of Treasury and other agency guidance and strategic highlights for the automotive, transportation, and clean energy industries.
Our panel of speakers will discuss the following:
- Overview of the EV credits and related manufacturing credits
- Summary of guidance on domestic content requirements and definitions used in the statue and guidance
- Determination of countries with free trade agreements with the US
- “Foreign entities of concern,” and considerations about the implications of this issue
- Sections 48C, 45X, and 45W credits
We hope you will join us for this meaningful discussion, aiming to help you assess and apply these tax credits in the most effective way.
For more information
Please contact Sarah Stephens or visit the event series page to learn more.
DLA Piper LLP (US) has been certified by the State Bar of California, the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board, and the Pennsylvania Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider. The following CLE credit is being sought:
- California: 1.0 Credit (1.0 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- Illinois: 1.0 Credit (1.0 General, 0.0 Professional Responsibility)
- New Jersey: 1.2 Credits (1.2 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- New York: 1.0 Transitional & Non-Transitional Credit (1.0 Professional Practice, 0.0 Ethics)
CLE credit will be applied for in other states where DLA Piper has an office with the exception of North Carolina and Puerto Rico.