Adam Abou HabagaLegal Director
Adam Abou Habaga advises a variety of domestic and internationally based banks, financial institutions, private equity investors and borrowers alike in respect of all forms of (debt related) financing transactions.
Adam has a strong focus on leveraged finance, corporate lending and asset based finance transactions (including combinations of ABL/factoring and acquisition financings). In addition, Adam has a broad experience in respect of the sale and purchase of (performing and non-performing) loan portfolios for both sellers and purchasers.
His experience is further enhanced by a secondment with one of the leading banks in the Netherlands.
- Advising HEMA’s works council in connection with the comprehensive financial restructuring to deleverage HEMA’s capital structure
- Advising various lender groups and borrower groups on the restructuring of the existing finance package, including the introduction of (Dutch State guaranteed) GO-C Facilities in light of liquidity shortfalls as a result of COVID-19
- Advising two Term/RCF Lenders and two ABL Lenders in connection with the acquisition/ABL financing combination provided to the Wasco group, now part of Gilde Equity Management's portfolio
- Advising the relevant lenders in connection with the financing of the Nederlandse Energiespaarfonds, a special purpose fund set up to stimulate home owners (and related associations) taking energy reduction and sustainable measures for their respective properties in The Netherlands
- Advising Gilde Equity Management in connection with the financing of the Actief Interim Group provided by various lenders (including various Belgian banks and institutional investors)
- Advising HPS Investment Partners in connection with the financing of the acquisition by Bencis Capital of Fit4Free
- Advising a consortium of three lenders in connection with the financing of the acquisition of Unica Group by Triton, as well as the subsequent add-on acquisition of Nsecure by Unica Group
- Advising the mandated lead arrangers and senior lenders in connection with the senior/mezzanine financing of the acquisition of Main Energie by Audax
- Advising Lone Star on the acquisition, together with its consortium partner J.P Morgan, of the Dutch bank Propertize with a balance sheet of approx. EUR4 billion
- Advising FMS Wertmanagement in connection with the sale of a cross-border loan real estate portfolio to Goldman Sachs
- Grotius Academy, 2017
- Law Firm School, 2016
- University of Amsterdam, Master of Laws, LLM, 2012
University of Amsterdam, Bachelor of Laws, LLB, 2009