Paul Albi K.C.Partner
Paul Albi has practised family law and litigation for more than 30 years. He has appeared before all levels of court in Canada including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Paul holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, with a concentration in finance and economics. His family law practice emphasizes complex commercial and financial issues, including issues involving multiple jurisdictions and sophisticated trusts.
Paul has consistently been independently rated as one of BC’s leading family law lawyers by Lexpert® and Best Lawyers in Canada, two prominent peer-review publications. Paul has been recognized by Best Lawyers as the 2020 Lawyer of the Year (Family Law).
Paul previously served as National Managing Partner of the former Canadian firm. During this period and under his leadership, the firm expanded significantly and became the only BC-based national law firm in Canada, with offices in all major Canadian cities. Paul subsequently served as head of the firm's 40-member Vancouver litigation department. He is also founder and head of the firm's Family Law Group.
Paul served for six years as a member of the Audit Committee of the Law Society of British Columbia.
A significant contributor to the legal community, Paul is published and lectures frequently.
- LL.B., University of British Columbia 1978
- B.Comm., University of British Columbia 1977
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Family Law), 2006-2023
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Family Law), 2011-2023
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Lawyer of the year (Family Law), 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished® Peer Review Rated
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Editorial Board, Family Law Agreements Annotated Precedents
- Member, Canadian Bar Association (Family Law and Civil Litigation Sections)
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada lawyers recognized in 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
4 March 2022 .59 minute read
DLA Piper (Canada) LLP recognized in the 2022 Best Lawyers in Canada guide
25 August 2021 .66 minute read