Anosh Ali concentrates his practice on the federal and state tax aspects of business transactions and investments, with an emphasis on both the tax and non-tax aspects of real estate joint venture and financing transactions.
Anosh advises clients on a broad range of federal and state tax issues, including partnership taxation, 1031 exchanges, and tenancies in common. In addition to his tax practice, Anosh regularly represents institutional and other equity investors, real estate developers and property owners in the structuring, negotiation and documentation of complex joint venture, financing and partnership transactions involving a wide variety of asset classes, including office, multifamily, hotels and resorts, manufactured housing, retail, mixed use, and industrial properties.
- Represented a large private equity investor in negotiating, structuring, and documenting multiple 1031 exchange transactions of industrial real estate projects, with an aggregate transaction value in excess of US$150 million
- Represented foreign investors in negotiating, structuring and documenting multiple real property acquisitions and joint ventures, with an aggregate transaction value in excess of US$50 million
- Represented an institutional investor in negotiating, structuring, and documenting a platform joint venture for residential real estate projects, with an aggregate transaction value in excess of US$300 million
- Represented a private real estate sponsor and developer on the acquisition and joint venture of a Bay Area office tower with a deal value in excess of US$100 million
- LL.M., Loyola Marymount University 2017
- J.D., Loyola Marymount University 2016
- B.A., University of California at Los Angeles 2012
- Named to Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in America for Tax Law in Los Angeles (2023-2024)