José M. AllemantPartner
José Marcelo is the head of the Corporate Criminal and Compliance area at the firm. He specializes in answering queries about business decisions that may have criminal implications, and in this context, has extensive knowledge and mastery in preventive actions and identification of the risk of a possible criminal contingency.
His professional practice includes the preparation of strategies in handling cases dealing with economic crimes, as well as the successful intervention of a criminal nature in public administration. In particular, he has extensive experience in defense of preliminary investigations or criminal proceedings, both of the aggrieved and imputed parties, thus assuming the sponsorship of important private companies. Likewise, José Marcelo has developed consultancies and reports on the scope of an event or imputation, in order to adequately analyze contingencies and / or responsibilities.
- J.D., Universidad de Lima 1996
- Postgraduate Studies, Criminal Procedures, Universidad de Salamanca 1998
- Postgraduate Studies, Criminal Procedures, Universidad de Buenos Aires 2000
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Peru Dispute Resolution
- Leaders League: "Highly Recommended" in Compliance & Fraud (2021-2022), "Highly Recommended" (2020-202) and "Recommended Lawyer" in White Collar Crime (2018-2019)
- Author, "Confesión Sincera y Colaboración Eficaz: De la palomillada adolescente a los delitos contra la Administración Publica," Lex Latin, March 2017
Before joining the firm, José worked in the corporate criminal and compliance practice of another prominent Peruvian law firm.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lima Bar Association