Saman AnwarSenior Associate
Saman Anwar focuses on technology, sourcing and commercial contracts. She has experience of advising on, negotiating and drafting large scale outsourcing, technology and commercial contracts in a wide range of industry sectors, and works with both private sector clients and government bodies.
- Acting for an international hotel chain on regulatory compliance relating to a home sharing programme operating in over 30 jurisdictions which allows corporates and individuals to rent out their homes to guests via an online platform.
- Acting for a leading hotel brand on its affiliation arrangements with over 100 local boutique hotels across the world.
- Acting for a leading tour operator with a detailed multi-jurisdictional review of its contracts and arrangements with customers and suppliers.
- Acting for Hyatt on its franchising arrangements for more than 30 hotels across 7 European jurisdictions.
- Acting for Lloyds Bank on a major remediation programme ensuring the Bank’s IT outsourcing agreements comply with financial services outsourcing regulatory requirements and operational resilience requirements.
- Acting for Barclays on a restructure of its contract documents relating to the outsourcing of traditional legal services and other non-traditional legal services to law firms and other legal providers.
- Acting for a challenger bank on a full IT outsourcing to a multi-national supplier, including on the bank’s programme of digital IT transformation, licensing of various banking software products and potential joint ventures with well-known suppliers.
- Acting for the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office, as the contracting authority, on a procurement in relation to the Prosperity Fund Indonesia Low Carbon Energy Programme which seeks to provide affordable, continuous and stable access to energy, particularly in remote communities in eastern Indonesia. The procurement was shortlisted for CIPS Excellence in Procurement Awards 2020 under the category “Best Sustainability Project of the Year”.
- Acting for the Department of Health and Social Care on the procurement of vital IT consultancy and implementation services for the Trace platform forming part of the national NHS COVID-19 Test and Trace programme.
- Acting for the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency on the procurement of essential physio-chemical laboratory services, including services which enable the development of monographs in the British Pharmacopoeia.
- Acting for NHS Resolution on a national framework procurement for a legal services panel to advise on claims management services, enabling organisations (including the Department of Health and Social Care and its arms’ length bodies) to enter into call-off contracts for such services with the legal providers on the panel.
- Acting for Royal Cornwall Hospitals NHS Trust in relation to the procurement of telecommunication network and voice services across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Acting for West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust on the drafting and negotiation of a 10 year contract for the provision of an electronic patient record system.
- Acting for The National Fire Chiefs Council, Kent Fire and Rescue Service and West Midlands Fire and Rescue Service in conjunction with the Home Office as lead for a number of national procurements for specialist, consumable and mainstream PPE including on the provision of urgent PPE by multiple suppliers to numerous organisations (such as local authorities, NHS trusts, government agencies, transport and utilities providers across the UK) during the COVID-19 pandemic and follow on procurements of construction and training facilities and services, breathing apparatus, ICT systems and managed print services.
- The University of Law, LPC and MSc in Law, Business and Management, 2016
- London School of Economics and Political Science, Anthropology and Law, BA, 2015