Daan Arends has close to 20 years' experience in international indirect tax: VAT, customs and Transfer Taxes. He advises multinational clients on international VAT and customs implications of e-commerce, supply chain restructurings, cross-border mergers & acquisitions, and business integration projects. Daan acts for multinational clients in a wide range of sectors, including consumer goods & retail, technology, financial services and manufacturing.
Daan is an attorney-at-law and tax adviser. He is heading the Amsterdam Tax Practice and is leading the International VAT practice of DLA Piper.
- University of Rotterdam, International indirect taxation, 2004
- Utrecht University, Tax law/Civil law, 2000
Awards and recognitions
He has been recommended by Legal 500 2017 for Tax.
- The changing VAT landscape: Essential VAT update and Brexit's impact on indirect tax seminar, 20 Sep 2016
- What's hot in VAT?, 9 Jun 2015
Memberships And Affiliations
- Dutch Tax Scholar Association (Vereniging voor Belastingwetenschap)
- Dutch Tax Lawyers Association (Vereniging voor Belastingrecht advocaten)