Annie-Claude practises civil and commercial litigation, namely in the areas of class actions, consumer law, competition law and commercial leasing disputes. Annie-Claude provides strategic counselling together with innovative and creative tailored solutions to various legal problems faced by local and international clients. She is often called upon to appear before the various levels of courts in Québec, including the Court of Appeal, the Superior Court and the Court of Québec.
Annie-Claude completed her Juris Doctor in North American Common Law in 2016, her Bachelor of Laws degree in 2014 as well as a Certificate in social and labor law in 2011. During her studies, she was listed on the dean’s honour list from 2011 to 2014, received an award of excellence from the Faculty of Law and Political Sciences (2012-2013) and was also recognized as the best graduating student of the Certificate in social and labour law. She also participated to the 2014 pan Canadian Gale cup moot competition and namely won the Dickson Medal as well as a medal awarded by the American College of Trial Lawyers for her exceptional oralist performance in the final round.
Before joining DLA Piper’s team, Annie-Claude worked as an external counsel for another leading national law firm and as an internal counsel for one of the largest communications companies in Canada.
- Defending a proposed class actions involving an alleged breach of Quebec’s Consumer Protection Act by misrepresenting the prices for accommodation offers.
- Defending a proposed class action involving an alleged breach of Quebec’s Consumer Protection Act with respect to abusive unlocking fees.
- Defending multiple class actions involving an alleged breach of Quebec’s Consumer Protection Act regarding non-compliant monthly pricing increases.
- Defending, before the Québec Superior Court and the Court of Appeal, an application to enforce a foreign arbitral award and a foreign judgment.
- Applying for, before the Québec Superior Court, a seizure before judgment and an application to recognize and enforce a foreign judgment.
- Defending, before the Québec Superior Court, a claim for alleged failure to satisfy public procurement bid specifications.
- Defending, before the Quebec Superior Court, several actions brought under the Act to ensure mainly the recovery of amounts improperly paid as a result of fraud or fraudulent tactics in connection with public contracts.
- Applying for and Defending safeguard orders to obtain or challenge the commercial rent sought, before the Québec Superior Court and the Court of Québec.
- Defending, before the Québec Superior Court, a professional liability claim in the context of a real estate sale transaction.
- Counselling on various types of contracts, to ensure respect of Quebec laws and regulations.
- J.D., University of Montreal, 2016
- LL.B., University of Quebec in Montreal, 2014
- Certificate in social and labor law, University of Quebec in Montreal, 2011
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Lawyers in Canada: recognized as « Ones to Watch» in commercial and corporate litigation (2022)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Quebec Bar
- Young Bar of Montréal