Onno Bakker leads the finance practice of DLA Piper in Australia. He focuses on a cross-section of finance work including general banking, syndicated lending and (leveraged) acquisition finance, as well as trade and asset finance.
He regularly advises major international investment banks, sponsors and corporates on complex cross-border finance matters and is dual qualified in Australian and English law.
Onno has advised major financial institutions in Europe, including some of Europe's largest banks, and corporates in relation to their finance and banking transactions.
- Advising Keolis/Downer on the financing of the acquisition of Australian Transit Enterprises, one of Australia's largest transport businesses in 2015 and the subsequent refinancing in 2020.
- Advising Australian Fresh Milk Holdings in relation to its syndicated loan facilities since 2015 including most recently on a two stage simplification of financing arrangements, increase of debt facilities and accession of new group companies following expansion of the Group’s operations.
- Advising Link Group in relation to its syndicated acquisition, refinancing and general corporate purposes facility.
- Advising Graphic Packaging International, LLC in relation to the AUD30 million revolving loan and bank guarantee facilities for its Australian and New Zealand subsidiaries provided by Mizuho Bank. (2020)
- Advising Hotel Property Investments Ltd (HPI) as to all aspects of its financing arrangements including its new debt facilities with Metrics and the interrelation with its existing common terms deed structure and USPP.
- Advising Sprott Private Resource Lending (Collector) LP, a Canadian based resources lender, in its secured project financing to Renaissance Minerals (Cambodia) Limited, a Cambodian company owned by Emerald Resources NL, an ASX listed company for the development of the Okvau Gold Project in Cambodia.
- Advising Manuka Resources Limited in relation to a debt financing package for the development of the Manuka Silver Project and the Mt Boppy Gold Project, located in New South Wales.
- University of Sydney, Graduate Diploma in Corporate, Securities and Financial Law, 2002
- Legal Practitioners Admission Board, LPAB, Diploma of Law, 1998
- De Haagse Hogeschool, Bachelor of Business Diploma, 1991
Onno joins the firm from a Magic Circle law firm where he was a Partner and Head of Finance in Amsterdam
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of England and Wales