Manuel Baroch CastellviCounsel
Manuel Baroch Castellvi is specialised in advising insurance companies in questions regarding product development and supervisory law. The focus of his work lies on advising life insurers in contractual questions especially regarding product development and all kind of supervisory issues, advising institutions for occupational retirement provision (IORPs) in contractual and supervisory issues and advising public occupational pensions institutions regarding restructuring issues.
Manuel has a deep industry insight due to his experience as an in-house lawyer in the insurance industry prior to joining DLA Piper, where he focused on product development for life insurance and occupational pensions as well as on insurance supervisory law.
Manuel is author of numerous specialist publications, co-editor of the commentary on the Insurance Supervision Act (Brand/Baroch Castellvi) and has been a lecturer at the Institute for Insurance at Technical University Cologne in insurance supervisory law for several years until 2020.
- Advising life insurers in contractual questions especially regarding product development.
- Advising insurance companies in all supervisory issues.
- Advising institutions for occupational retirement provision (IORPs) in contractual and supervisory issues.
- Advising public occupational pensions institutions regarding restructuring issues.
- Advising on the implementation of the Insurance Distribution Directive (IDD).
- Advising on setting up pension funds.
- University of Cologne
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne
- University of Heidelberg, Clermont-Ferrand
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for insurance law: product advice, insurance litigation and corporate advice
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for insurance law
Manuel is the author of several publications in law journals. He is also author of the commentary Rüffer/Halbach/Schimikowski, VVG, as well as Präve, Life Insurance, and he is co-editor of the recently published new commentary of VAG, Brand/Baroch Castellvi.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Manuel has more than 20 years of experience working as an in-house lawyer in the insurance industry with a focus on product development for life insurance and occupational pensions as well as on insurance supervisory law. Manuel was also involved in health insurance issues and belonged to commissions and task forces of the association of the German insurance industry during this time. In addition Manuel has worked for other German law firms for several years.