Per Benonisen focuses on Employment Law and has over 20 years’ experience in advising major companies as well as private individuals on all aspects of employment law.
Benonisen has a broad scope of employment law experience with main emphasis on individual employment law. However, he also works with collective employment law and has handled a number of major reorganisations.
In other respects Per Benonisen assists clients with on-going employment law advice and specific individual cases. Examples of fields of work are regulations concerning employees’ rights of codetermination, secondments, preparation of employment contracts, work regulations, ethical guidelines and personnel handbooks, termination of employment, personal privacy protection at the place of work, HMS, various kinds of negotiations and preparation of routines and standard documents.
Benonisen regularly works as a sensor in the Law Faculty at the University of Oslo. He has lectured at national and international seminars and has convened internal courses within employment law for a number of clients.
- Advising one of Norway’s largest media groups on a major reorganisation involving collective redundancies, where he assisted management both strategically and operational through the whole process.
- Advising a leading construction and property development company in the Nordic region in connection with restructuring and rationalisation measures.
- Drafting employment contracts and involvement in developing incentive schemes for executive management in one of Norway’s major family-owned companies.
- Advising a number of international companies on adapting their personnel manuals to comply with Norwegian law.
- Advising a number of companies on disciplinary hearings, including preparing initial letters, minutes, warnings, letters of dismissal and resignation packages.
- University of Oslo, Candidate of Jurisprudence, 1993
- Economic college, B.A in International Business, 1990
- Per Benonisen of Advokatfirma DLA Piper leads the firm's employment team and advises on employee training and contracts, as well as major reorganisations and related dismissals. One client notes: "I've learned a lot from working with him. He easily and quickly understands the issues and comes up with good solutions." Chambers & partners, 2019
- "DLA Piper leverages its global network to advise on cross-border assignments including reorganisations, international incentive schemes and TUPE issues. Practice head Per Benonisen and Gunn Kristin Olimstad are recognised for their reorganisation and collective redundancy work. Sony Music Entertainment Norway and Discovery Networks Norway are clients." Legal 500, 2018
- "Several clients remark on their strong working relationships with Per Benonisen, with one appreciating that "he is really sincerely interested and engaged in everything that concerns our company and my role in the company. He has so much integrity doing his job that he goes the extra mile to support us in the very best way." His practice covers all areas of employment law, from advice on contracts and employee handbooks to large reorganisation and redundancy processes and TUPE regulations." Chambers, 2017
- "DLA Piper regularly advises on cross-border mandates and has expertise in reorganisations as well as collective redundancies; practice head Per Benonisen advised Discovery Networks Norway on its reorganisation. Gunn Kristin Olimstad is recommended." Legal 500, 2016
- "Clients enjoy working with Per Benonisen, who they describe as "full of energy: he digs into new areas when necessary and is extremely well prepared in court." Benonisen is also noted for combining business understanding with strong people skills." Chambers Europe, 2014
- Arbeidsrett.no (Fagbokforlaget), a commentary on the Norwegian working environment Act, co-authored
- Scandinavian Employment Law (Forlaget Thomson), co-authored
- 2000 - ; Partner, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 1998 - 2000 ; Lawyer, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 1993 - 1998 ; Associate Lawyer, Advokatfirma DLA Piper Norway DA
- 1993 ; Consultant, Miljøverndepartementet