Daniela Bistrae LLBCounsel
Daniela Bistrae's career spanning over 26 years. She has extensive experience in commercial, administrative and maritime law, advising international clients and having intense activity as barrister in front of several courts in Romania.
Daniela has advised a wide range of national and international clients throughout her career.
- Representing a global, science-led biopharmaceutical company in front of domestic Courts for annulment of the administrative acts (payment notifications in relation to the clawback tax) issued by National House of Health Insurance and for recovering the amounts paid as clawback tax in the absence of valid payment notifications.
- Assisting a research-driven pharmaceutical company before the administrative Court with in relation to a tax decision in order to obtain the suspension of it during the entire period of the litigation proceedings against the decision and to stop the accrual of additional late payment interest and penalties.
- Representing three leading international producers of medicines in several court litigation proceedings regarding the annulment of the notifications for payment of the claw-back contribution, in aggregate value exceeding EUR30m, in front of various courts of law.
- Advising and representing an American multinational energy corporation in relation to the suspension and annulment claims of the governmental decisions approving petroleum agreements lodged by several not for profit organisations and local authorities.
- Representing numerous international companies active in banking and financial services in employment litigations initiated by formal employees in disciplinary and restructuring dismissal cases.
- Representing a large low-cost airline in CEE in front of the Bucharest Court of Appeal, in relation to the request for interim measures submitted by a competitor in the context of the investigation opened by the Competition Council regarding a possible infringement of article 6 of the Competition Law 21/1996, and of article 102 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union by Societatea Naţională Aeroportul Internaţional Timişoara “Traian Vuia” SA.
- Representing a large low-cost airline in CEE in front of the Bucharest Court of Appeal, in relation to several employment disputes.
- Representing a world leading suppliers of cement and aggregates in multiple complex files regarding claims initiated by minority shareholders against the company concerning the mandatory squeeze-out procedure.
- Representing a leader in technology communications in an administrative dispute against ANCOM (The National Authority for Management and Regulations in Communications) concerning interconnection proceedings between national and international mobile networks.
- Advising a leading Romanian bank in connection with performing a complex due diligence report covering the pending litigations in the context of the bank's privatisation.
- May 2017 - to date: DLA Piper Romania, Counsel
- August 2012 - April 2017: DLA Piper Romania, Senior Associate
- 2006 - 12: Romanian Law Firm, Partner
- 2003 - 06: Romanian Law Firm, Associate
- 1996 - 2003: Romanian Law Firm
- 1992-95: Activity at Constanta Courts, as a trainee lawyer
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Constanta Bar Association
- Senior lawyer of Romanian Bar Associations