Diederik Bruloot serves as a counsel to the financial services and insurance sector practice. He advises particularly in matters at the crossroads of financial regulation and company and restructuring law.
Diederik holds a PhD in law from Ghent University (2012) and is a professor at Ghent University Law School, teaching a.o. general business law to undergraduate students and insolvency law and international business law to graduate students.
Some of Diederik's specific fields of expertise concern: governance questions within the financial sector, recovery and resolution requirements for banks and corporate restructurings within the financial sector.
- Advise on the board composition of a Belgian bank.
- Advise on the division of powers within an international insurance company.
- Advise on questions of corporate group law for an international insurance company.
- Assistance in drafting a bail-in playbook for a Belgian financial institution.
- Assistance in drafting a CCP rulebook for a new market player.
- Ghent University, PhD in Law, 2012 (On the efficiency of the European legal capital requirements)
- Ghent University, Master's in Law, summa cum laude, 2005
- D. BRULOOT and H. DE WULF (eds.), New Belgian Business Law (Het nieuwe ondernemingsrecht), in PUC Delva XLIV, Mechelen, Kluwer, 2020, 471 p.
- D. BRULOOT (ed.), Belgian and European Perspectives on Creditor Protection in Closed Companies, Antwerp-Cambridge, Intersentia, 2019, 229 p.
- BRULOOT, D. and MARESCEAU, K. (eds.), Corporate bonds (De obligatielening), Antwerp-Cambridge, Intersentia, 2017, 802 p.
- BRULOOT, D., Legal capital and creditors (Vennootschapskapitaal en schuldeisers), Antwerp-Cambridge, Intersentia, 2014, 824 p.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Financial Law Institute (Ghent University).
- Member of the Belgian National Centre for Company Law.
- Member of the Ghent Rolin-Jaequemyns International Law Institute (GRILI).
- Member of the editorial board of the leading Belgian law journals: NjW, TIBR and TRV-RPS.
- Director of Gandaius Academy.