Craig has a broad civil litigation practice, with an emphasis on environmental and contaminated site litigation, infrastructure and construction related disputes, and real property claims involving the sale of land and commercial lease agreements.
Craig has acted as trial and appellate counsel on a wide range of matters before courts in the Province of Alberta. He has participated in mediations and private arbitrations and appeared before various administrative bodies.
Craig also provides strategic advice to clients dealing with a variety of commercial and employment related concerns.
Prior to pursuing his legal career, Craig studied immunology and infectious disease at the University of Alberta and worked in the public health sector.
- Received judgment in dispute relating to the reclamation and redevelopment of a brownfield project;
- Successfully defended a property developer in a dispute involving engineering and design issues;
- Successfully defended an air carrier for claims involving liability issues under international treaties;
- Successfully defended an international security service provider from claims filed by a former employee;
- Successfully defended an engineering and surveying firm in a commercial dispute with subcontractor;
- Acts for clients in environmental actions, provincial offence prosecutions, and administrative appeals;
- Acts for contractors and subcontractors in construction disputes involving builders’ lien claims;
- Acts for landlords and tenants with respect to commercial leasing and purchase disputes;
- Acts for employers in wrongful dismissal claims and human rights complaints.
- J.D. (Cum Laude), University of Ottawa, 2012
- B.Sc. (First Class Honours), University of Alberta, 2008
- Speaker, “Contaminated Site Litigation in the Province of Alberta” Professional Development Seminar, 2018
- Speaker, “If I Could Turn Back Time: Extending the Limitation Period in Contaminated Land Claims” Canadian Bar Association Meeting, Environmental Section, 2017
- Speaker, “The Changing Labour Market - Risks and Strategies” Professional Development Seminar, 2016
- Volunteer, Edmonton Community Legal Clinic
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association