George Burrha has a broad real estate practice acting for UK and international investors and occupiers. He has helped clients build successful real estate portfolios advising them on acquisitions, development, asset management, financing and disposals. For example, George acts for Shaftesbury Capital PLC in relation to their West End villages and Savills IM on their UK portfolio.
George has also advised major US entertainment companies on some of the largest film and tv production leasing deals in the UK.
George acts on both direct and indirect real estate transactions as well in relation to operating businesses where real estate is the main asset. He has wide experience across asset classes including offices, logistics, residential and student accommodation, tv and film production space as well as retail and leisure.
George is committed to developing people and sits on the firm’s People Group which focuses on continuously improving the people experience at DLA Piper.
- Advising a listed property company on all real estate aspects of their West End villages including lettings of a number of flagship stores and restaurants.
- Acting for a major US entertainment company on their deals to take significant tv and film production space at Pinewood Studios and Shinfield Studios, Reading.
- Acting for a listed property company on their acquisition of a large mixed use property located in a prominent position in the West End, securing vacant possession and advising on the development documentation.
- Acting for a London based real estate manager on their acquisition of a complicated hotel development site in the West End and negotiating the development agreement.
- Acting for a well known UK real estate fund investment manager on their acquisition of a JPUT owning a prime office and retail property in central Birmingham.
- Acting on the sale of a portfolio of national student accommodation properties.
- Acting for a leading retailer on their acquisition of sites across the UK.
- Acting for an inward investor on their acquisition of a development site for a proposed logistics park.
- Acting for an inward investor on their acquisition of a hotel in Knightsbridge.
- Cross Border Investment Masterclass at APREA 2016 in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Presentations to various Chinese Life Insurance Companies in Beijing and Shanghai, May 2016
- Contributed to Foreign Hotel Investment, Property Week, 22 November 2016
- 2015 to 2017, Partner, London based international law firm