George Burrha has a broad real estate practice acting for UK and international investors. He has helped clients build successful real estate portfolios advising them on acquisitions, development, asset management, financing and disposals. For example, George acts for Shaftesbury PLC in relation to their West End villages and Savills IM on their UK portfolio.
George acts on both direct and indirect real estate transactions as well in relation to operating businesses where real estate is the main asset, for example, acting for a global entertainment company in taking a lease of their film studio space and China Travel Services on their acquisition of Kew Green hotels. George has wide experience across asset classes having acted on offices, logistics, residential and student accommodation but with a particular focus on retail and leisure.
George is committed to developing people and sits on the firm’s London People Group which focuses on continuously improving the people at their experience of DLA Piper.
- Advising a listed property company on all real estate aspects of their West End villages including lettings of a number of flagship stores and retaurants
- Acting for a listed property company on their acquisition of a large mixed use property located in a prominent position in the West End, securing vacant possession and advising on the development documentation
- Acting for a London based real estate manager on their acquisition of a complicated hotel development site in the West End and negotiating the development agreement
- Acting for a well known UK real estate fund investment manager on their acquisition of a JPUT owning a prime office and retail property in central Birmingham
- Acting on the sale of a portfolio of national student accommodation properties
- Acting for a leading retailer on their acquisition of sites across the UK
- Acting for an inward investor on their acquisition of a development site for a proposed logistics park
- Acting for an inward investor on their acquisition of a hotel in Knightsbridge
- Cross Border Investment Masterclass at APREA 2016 in Hong Kong and Singapore
- Presentations to various Chinese Life Insurance Companies in Beijing and Shanghai, May 2016
- Contributed to Foreign Hotel Investment, Property Week, 22 November 2016
- 2015 to 2017, Partner, London based international law firm