Harriet CampbellSpecial Legal Consultant
Harriet Campbell advises and represents clients in the conduct of UK and multi-jurisdictional investigations into allegations of serious and complex misconduct with a particular focus on anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering. She also has experience of inquests and public inquiries. She is currently on long-term secondment to Washington DC.
- Acting for SMG Europe Limited following the Manchester Arena terror attack in May 2017, and preparing for the public inquiry.
- Assisting the DLA team advising Thomas Kalaris in the fraud trial concenring Barclay’s capital raising and related payments to Qatar in 2008, resulting in acquittal on all charges in March 2020.
- Advising a property management company in connection with a prosecution under the Health & Safety at Work Act following the death of a member of the public during high winds.
- Advising a witness in connection with the SFO investigation into British American Tobacco Plc.
- Advising a property management company in connection with a whistleblower allegation of systemic fraud and the subsequent investigation and resolution of the matter, concluding in March 2020.
- Advising a global aerospace and defence company in connection with its third party anti-corruption due diligence programme across Europe and Asia.
- Advising a motorsport team in connection with an internal investigation into allegations of bribery in connection with driver selection, completing 2018.
- Acting for one of the world’s largest retailers in connection with internal investigations into the timely recognition of supplier funding at a major supermarket.
- Acting for a FTSE 250 gambling software company to undertake a large scale multi-jurisdictional compliance risk assessment focusing on Anti-Bribery & Corruption, Anti-Money Laundering, Business Ethics & Responsible Gambling.
- Acting for Serco Group plc in connection with over twenty death in custody coronial inquests (including conducting advocacy in the Coroner's court).
- College of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, Commendation, 2012
- College of Law, Legal Practice Course, Distinction, 2011
- University of Edinburgh, Geography and Politics MA 2:1, 2010