Alastair CarruthersLegal Director
Alastair works in the Banking and Finance team, with a particular focus on asset based lending.
He has experience predominantly in receivables financing and other forms of asset-based lending, advising a wide-ranging client base which includes UK commercial banks, sponsors and corporates. Alastair has worked on a number of cross-border financing transactions and regularly works with clients and other lawyers in Europe and the US.
- Acting for a syndicate of 5 funders in respect of GBP220 million asset based lending facilities made available to a national provider of plant and machinery.
- Acting for Barclays Bank PLC in regards to the GBP290 million syndicated receivables financing for a corporate entity dealing in trading, storage, distribution and retail conglomerate dealing of petroleum products and bio-fuels.
- Acting for Exponent Private Equity LP in relation to a Scottish whisky business, GBP125 million asset-based financing led by PNC Business Credit.
- Acting for Barclays Bank PLC in relation to GBP100 million asset-based facilities for a construction materials manufacturer.
- Acting for Ardent Hire Solutions Limited, owned by Searchlight Capital Partners and Duke Street Private Equity, in regards to the GBP120 million refinancing of existing indebtedness.
- Acting for RBS Invoice Finance Limited and HSBC Bank plc in respect of the financing of the Harvey Nash group of companies in five jurisdictions.
- Advising the funder group on a USD350 million receivables finance arrangement in relation to a petrochemical business.
- University of Sheffield, English Literature and History, BA, Hons
Memberships And Affiliations