Luís Filipe CarvalhoHe/himPartner
Luís Filipe Carvalho is one of the highest profiles and best-known Real Estate lawyers in Portugal. He is the leading partner of the Real Estate department, advising all the major clients of the firm in the several real estate matters.
Luís Filipe Carvalho has relevant experience advising national and international clients on all aspects of real estate investments, development, funding, construction, management and commercialization of different real estate assets. From commercial projects to offices, hotels, holiday and residential units, logistics parks and technological representing funds and investment advisors. He is a recognised expert in this sector, being especially active in Angola, where he is partner of ADCA law firm, DLA Piper ABBC’s Angolan associate firm.
Luis Filipe monitored the work on the Urban Lease Reform (XVI and XVII Governments) and the Draft Committee of the Bar Council Opinion - study office on the amendments to the draft projects of the Urban Lease Reform, in October 2004 and 2005. In addition to that, he is regularly invited as a speaker in conferences, information sessions, and published a book on the New Urban Lease Law.
- Advising Portuguese electricity operator in real estate issues regarding new headquarters in Lisbon and real estate management.
- Advising international real estate player with the new legal framework for the activity of the real estate funds in Portugal.
- Advising leading private equity firm on several real estate matters.
- Advising leading electric mobility player on the electric mobility regulatory framework.
- Advising the world’s leading automobile manufacturers in real estate matters.
- Advising a real estate company in the creation, construction, licensing, negotiation and signing of lease and shop use agreements of a new retail shopping in Lisbon District, for drive thru fast food, fitness center, supermarket shops and gas station.
- Advising a Spanish Real Estate Fund in a due diligence and creation of a Retail Property Fund in order to invest in outlets throughout Europe.
- Advising the largest independent insurance distribution platform in the UK and one of the 20 largest insurance brokerage groups in the world, on the acquisition of 100% of the share capital of a portuguese broker which owned 100% of an insurance brokerage company in Angola.
- Advising a Latin America Group that operates in several countries in the agrobusiness sector with large projects in Argentina, Brazil and Uruguay in the preparation of the application for a public tender for the privatization of agro-industrial assets, within a state privatization process in Angola.
- Lisbon University School of Law, Law Degree, 1990
- Recommended by Legal 500 in Real Estate and Construction
- Direito da Economia, Legislação e Jurisprudência Fundamentais, AAFDL, 1991
- O Novo Regime do Arrendamento Urbano, Vida Económica, 2006
- Reabilitação para uso residencial em Lisboa'17, 28 Jul 2017
- Ciclone das Rendas, Jornal ECO, 17 Oc 2017
- Tiros ao Alojamento Local, Jornal Económico, 17 Nov 2017
- Imobiliário, Inovação, Cultura e Imigração, Jornal de Negócios, 26 April 2018
- Reabilitação para uso Residencial em Lisboa'18, May 2018
- A captura do Imobiliário, Jornal Económico, 11 May 2018
- Several permanent articles concerning the Portuguese real estate market, published on Real Estate Gazette, international magazine published by DLA Piper
- Assistant of the School of Law of the University of Lisbon, 1989-1997
- Postgraduate trainer at the Court of Auditors, 1994
- Invited speaker in postgraduate courses ate the School of Law of the University of Lisbon in Leasing and Real Estate Law, 2004-2007
- Teacher at the School of Real Estate Activities – ESAI
- Invited teacher of the post-graduation course at ISLA, 2006-2012
- 2000 - present, Partner, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 1992 - 2000, Associate Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
- 1990 - 1992, Trainee Lawyer, DLA Piper ABBC (previously ABBC)
Memberships And Affiliations
- 1992, Admitted to the Portuguese Bar Association
- 2016 – present, Board Member of DLA Piper Africa
- 2019 – present, Consulting Board of DLA Piper EMEA
- 2015 - present, Member of the Litigation Lawyers Circle
- 2018 – present, Vice-President of the Association Amigos do Hospital Santa Maria (pro-bono)
- 2010 – present, Founding Member of CJLP - Community of Portuguese language Lawyers
- 2009 – present, Member of FIABCI (International Real Estate Federation)
- 2007- present, Member of the Board of ASSOFT - Portuguese Software Association
- 2002-2004, Member of the Lisbon Council of the Bar Association
- 2005-2007, Member of Group Studies of the Portuguese Bar Association, Real Estate Law
- 2005-2007, Permanent Representative in UALP - Union of Lawyers of Portuguese Language
- 2012-2014, Member of the Criminal Forum Direction – Association of Criminal Lawyers
- 2011-2013, Member of the Leonino Council, Sporting Clube de Portugal
- 2011-2013, Vice President of the Sporting Clube de Portugal Foundation