Jason ChoiSenior Associate
Jason Choi is a commercial litigation and arbitration lawyer who specialises in infrastructure, construction, transport and technology disputes.
Jason regularly acts for clients in the Supreme Court of Victoria, as well as in international and domestic arbitrations conducted under various arbitral rules and legislation, including the ICC Arbitration Rules, ACICA Arbitration Rules, UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules, Commercial Arbitration Act 2011 (Vic) and the English Arbitration Act 1996. His experience in international arbitration includes working in South Korea, China, Hong Kong, Norway, the Netherlands and England.
With his background in Aerospace Engineering, Jason is able to efficiently and effectively grasp and understand technical issues and advise clients in technically complex disputes.
- Acting for a major Korean shipbuilder in a USD700 million arbitration against a US owner relating to the construction of a drillship.
- Acting for an operator of a significant electricity asset in three arbitrations, worth AUD $365 million, concerning the operation and management of the asset.
- Acting for an Indian multinational IT corporation and its Australian subsidiary in an arbitration relating to the termination of two major IT services contracts.
- Acting for an operator of utility scale commercial solar projects, in an arbitration concerning a dispute arising out of shareholders’ agreements, involving companies incorporated in Australia, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands.
- Acting for an Australian airline in a high profile matter in the Supreme Court of Victoria, which related to aircraft maintenance and involved a number of untested legal issues.
- Acting for a statutory authority in a construction dispute in the Supreme Court of Victoria involving variation claims, extensions of time claims and quantum meruit claims.