Maneesha Dakha practises business law with a focus on general corporate commercial matters, purchase and sale transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance matters.
Maneesha regularly assists clients in the technology industry whether it is reviewing commercial agreements, drafting term sheets or advising on key deal terms for negotiations.
Maneesha has considerable experience guiding clients in heavily regulated industries through complex regulatory landscapes. In particular, Maneesha has extensive operational experience with gaming and liquor regulations, including licensing. While practising at a prominent business law firm, Maneesha was seconded as corporate counsel to Canada’s largest publicly traded gaming, entertainment, and hospitality company, where she provided legal advice to the various business teams and acted as assistant corporate secretary.
Having gained insight into the daily operational and legal challenges facing companies, coupled with her business background, Maneesha is able to leverage her experience into practical targeted solutions for clients. Maneesha has worked with clients at all stages of the business life cycle, including a number of emerging and growth stage companies.
Maneesha has played a pivotal role in the development of DLA Piper Canada’s pro bono business law clinic dedicated to providing Black and Indigenous businesses with corporate and commercial legal advice.
During the 2022/2023 academic year, Maneesha was Clinic Adjunct for the Centre for Business Law at the Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia.
- Acted for Questa Capital in its USD $12.5 million Series B funding of ACTO Technologies Inc.
- Acted Questa Capital in its USD $16 million Series A funding of PocketHealth
- Acted for FinTech Collective, LLC in its investment into Canadian financial data services company, CapIntel Inc.
- Acted for Hydrofarm in its acquisition of Greenstar Plant Products
- Acted for Delic Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of Ketamine Infusion Centers LLC
- Acted for Academy Brewing in its acquisition of Moody Ales Ltd.
- Acted for CharliAI Inc. in Convertible Note financing and acquisition of TeamSync Bookmarks
- Acted for Delic Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of Complex Bio Discovery Ventures Ltd.
- Acted for Draganfly Inc. on acquisition of assets from Vital Intelligence Inc.
- Acted for Homespotter LLC in its sale to Lone Wolf Technologies
- Acted for TrendiTech Inc. in its initial seed funding
- Acted on the acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of The Gourmet Ghetto Ltd. dba Nextjen Gluten Free in connection with VGAN Brands‘ going public transaction
- Acted for a Canadian gaming company in respect of its USD$56 million sale of its US assets
- Acted for a Canadian gaming company in respect of its CAD$134 million acquisition of gaming assets in Ontario Acted for a Canadian gaming company in respect of its CAD$170 million acquisition of gaming assets in Ontario
- Acted for a large publicly traded Canadian cannabis company in its C$3.2 billion acquisition of a competitor by way of a plan of arrangement Acted for a large publicly traded Canadian cannabis company in its C$1.1 billion successful unsolicited takeover bid of a large competitor
- J.D., Queen’s University, 2016
- B.Comm (Hons.), Queen’s University, 2013
Community Involvement and Teaching
- Clinic Adjunct, Centre for Business Law, Peter A. Allard School of Law at the University of British Columbia, 2022-2023
- Director of the Hoop-Law Society