Heather Davidson has practised family law exclusively for more than 20 years. She has represented hundreds of clients in their divorce and family law disputes, including numerous high net-worth divorces. She also advises clients on pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, particularly where large estates or high incomes are involved.
With a diploma in Accounting (N.A.I.T.) and an English Degree from the University of Calgary, Heather obtained her LLB from the University of Alberta in 1999. It is Heather’s accounting knowledge combined with her exclusive family law experience that enables her to approach family law matters, especially complex matrimonial property issues, with skill and practical insight.
Heather has appeared in all levels of Court in Alberta, including numerous appearances at the Court of Appeal. While she has extensive litigation experience, Heather is also a trained mediator.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Heather was co-founder of a successful family law practice in Alberta and British Columbia.
- Practised exclusively in family law, with a focus on high net worth and financially complex divorce matters
- Appearances at all levels of court, as well as mediations, arbitrations, tribunals
- LLB, University of Calgary, 1999
- B.A., University of Calgary, 1994
- Accounting (N.A.I.T.), 1995
Memberships and Affiliations
- Canadian Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- Past secretary/VP of the Association of Women Lawyers (Calgary)
- Mediate BC
- Hear the Child Society BC