Joseph C. DavisPartner
Deputy General Counsel
As Deputy General Counsel of DLA Piper LLP (US), Joe advises the firm and its lawyers on all aspects of law firm risk management. He also regularly provides counsel on matters related to firm governance, lawyers' professional responsibility, attorney-client privilege, and legal ethics.
- J.D., Duke University 2007
- M.P.P., Duke University 2007
Sanford School of Public Policy
- B.A., Public Policy, Brown University 2003
- Speaker, “Top NGO Trends Legal Liabilities,” InsideNGO Annual Conference, Washington, DC, July 30, 2013
- Speaker, “Managing International Liability and Duty of Care Risks,” Society for Human Resource Management, Northern Virginia, June 20, 2013
- Speaker, “International Liability Roundtable,” hosted by Clements Worldwide and DLA Piper, Washington, DC, February 26, 2013
- Speaker, "Lawsuits! NGO's Legal Liability to Employees," InsideNGO Annual Conference, Washington, DC, August 1, 2012
- Speaker, "Safety and Security Standards and NGO Legal Liability," InterAction Forum 2012, Alexandria, Virginia, May 1, 2012
Before joining DLA Piper, Joe was a law clerk to United States District Judge Henry Coke Morgan, Jr. of the Eastern District of Virginia.
Before joining DLA Piper, Joe served as a legal fellow on Senator Joe Biden's Judiciary Committee staff.