Gertjan Dewilde advises on corporate and financial law in an international context, with a particular focus on M&A, private equity transactions, joint venture structures, corporate reorganisations and corporate governance matters.
He has also experience in estate planning and international wealth structuring solutions.
- Advising Principal Real Estate on the EUR543m sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven properties to Axa.
- Advising Hyundai/KIA Motors on its EUR100m Series A investment in Arrival SARL, a Luxembourg-based company focused on creating and designing electric vehicles.
- Advising Platina Partners LLP on the EUR7m sale of a Luxembourg target to portfolio company Crezco Holdings.
- Advising Aberdeen Standard Investments on their EUR50m acquisition of a Luxembourg target holding a Dutch warehouse and office complex.
- Advising the leading omnichannel e-commerce platform on the acquisition of a growth-stage software business investment company.
- Assisting a global real-world media and entertainment company with the implementation of a major intra-group restructuring.
- Advising a leading American real estate investment management firm on the joint-acquisition of European real estate assets dedicated to the education, healthcare and storage sectors.
- Advising a global energy conglomerate on day-to-day matters and on the acquisition of Luxembourg based petrol stations.
- Advising a leading commercial real estate services company on Luxembourg corporate governance matters.
- Advising an American adhesives manufacturing company in connection with the post-acquisition integration of the leading global manufacturer and marketer of high performance adhesives and internal reorganization.
- CFA Institute, CFA Level I
- ESCP Europe, Specialised Master in Law and International Management, Avec les Félicitations du Jury, 2018
- Queen Mary University of London, LLM, International Business Law, 2018
KU Leuven, Master's Degree in Notarial Studies, cum laude, 2015
KU Leuven, Master's Degree in Law, 2014
Université de Rennes I, Master's Degree in Law, 2013
- Prize for Best Research Thesis 2019 related to Governance, awarded by the KPMG International Corporate Governance Professorship
- 2018 to date, Associate, DLA Piper Luxembourg
- 2013-2018, Numerous full time traineeships in Belgium, France and Spain-based law firms, consultancy firms, notaries and start-ups
Memberships And Affiliations
- Admitted to the Bar of Brussels
My latest insights
Luxembourg Business Register: additional filing formalities for natural persons take...
8 February 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Schroder Real Estate on the sale of the "Victoriastadt Lofts" in Berlin...
30 December 2021 .2 minute read