Marie Durand-Gasselin advises and represents local and international clients on various labour law issues, from individual (from recruitment to termination of employment agreements) to collective labour relations (management of staff representatives, information and consultation processes, negotiation of collective company agreements).
Marie also has a solid experience in mass redundancies, plant closings, implementation and monitoring of social plans, as well as social consequences of corporate mergers and acquisitions, group reorganisations, transfer of businesses or outsourcing of activities.
Within the Employment law department, Marie has developed an acute knowledge and growing practice with regards criminal law, compliance law and data protection law issues arising from employee and HR management (i.e., codes of conduct, whistle blowing regulations, internal investigations, processing of employee personal data (GDPR) undeclared work).
Marie represents clients in the context of employment litigations, through both settlement negotiations and Court proceeding.
- B.A., LLM - Masters of International Business Law (City University - London) (2016 distance learning), University of Michigan
- B.A., LLM - Masters of Laws (Latrobe University - Melbourne ) (2006), University of Michigan
- LLM of Employment Law (Paris II University - France) (2003)
- Blog post: "France - Whistleblowing Laws in Europe: An international guide", DLA Piper Insights, June 2021
- Article: "Impact de la robotisation de l'IA sur les RH et le droit du travail, Partie 1 : les effets sur l'entreprise", Option Finance, November 2020
- Article: "Impact de la robotisation de l'IA sur les RH et le droit du travail, Partie 2 : les effets sur l'emploi", Option Finance, November 2020
- Blog post: "Obligation de sécurité de l'employeur : quelles mesures prendre en cas de conflit entre salariés? (Employer's obligation to protect employee's health and safety : what measures shall be taken in case of conflicts opposing employees)", DLA Piper Insights, February 2019
- Blog post: "Le salarié et les nouvelles technologies: contours de la protection accordée par la Cour de Cassation au droit au respect de la vie privée (Employee and new technologies : overview of the protection of employees' right to privacy by the Cour de cassation)", DLA Piper Insights, November 2018
- Webinar: "After the lockdown, how can a new way of organising work be conciliated with the business interests?", May 2020
My latest insights
Digital Guide: industry-specific analyses of artifical intelligence
27 January 2023 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises BIC on acquisition of Advanced Magnetic Interaction (AMI)
21 September 2022 .2 minute read