Titus is a partner based in the London office. He focuses on project development, finance and corporate transactions in emerging markets, with a particular focus in the energy and natural resources sectors - power, oil & gas, mining and infrastructure. Titus acts for clients across the supply chain in these areas, having extensive experience representing project sponsors, lenders (DFIs, commercial banks and ECAs), and governments or state agencies.
He is recognised as a leading lawyer for Africa-wide projects and energy expertise by legal directories Chambers Global and IFLR 1000, the former of which noted that he is “a respected practitioner who knows a lot about the continent and doing deals”.
Titus is qualified to practice law in New York, Cameroon and England and Wales.
Titus’ relevant experience includes advising:
- ECAs and AfDB in connection with the Nigeria LNG Plus Project.*
- Vale in connection with the Simandou mine in Guinea, including the infrastructure development components, railway and port in Liberia.*
- A consortium of ECAs, DFIs and commercial banks in connection with the financing of the Tenke Fungurume Mining project, a copper and cobalt mining and refinery project in the Democratic Republic of Congo.*
- OPIC on the USD310m project financing of the expansion of the Olkaria III geothermal power complex in Naivasha, Kenya.*
- The lenders on the financing of the 420 MW Nachigal Hydro Power Project in Cameroon.*
- The lenders in the project financing of the Kikagati hydro power project in Uganda and Tanzania.*
- The lenders in connection with the financing for the construction of the Cenpower Kpone IPP, a 340 MW combined cycle power plant (Ghana’s first IPP) – African Power Deal of the Year 2014, PFI Awards; Best Power Deal in EMEA 2014 and Best Project Finance Deal in Africa 2014, EMEA Project Finance Awards.*
- CIC Energy Corp in connection with the development and financing of the Mmamabula Energy Project in Botswana, comprising a coal mine and mine mouth and 1,200 MW coal fired power plant and related infrastructure, including a railway.*
- Lenders on the financing of the San Pedro port in Cote d’Ivoire camerLenders on the financing of the Glo Djigbe special economic zone in Benin.*
*Denotes experience from previous firm.