Amar FahmyLegal Consultant
Amar is a Legal Consultant in the Middle East Intellectual Property and Technology team, specialising in technology and outsourcing, data protection and commercial contracts.
Amar has over 11 years post-qualification experience advising listed multinational companies in both London and Singapore in the financial services sector.
Amar also has experience in front-end web development having built and launched applications of his own.
- Advising on multiple Business Process and Technology outsourcings under both UK Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Singapore Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) outsourcing requirements.
- Advising on multiple business separation and integration projects including transitional service arrangements with suppliers.
- Advising on the procurement of major cloud storage providers including Amazon Web Services and Microsoft.
- Advising on the procurement of hardware, software and maintenance services for privately owned and managed data centers.
- Advising on extensive intra-group outsourcing arrangements for the provision of technology and other business processing services.
- Advising on numerous software development projects ranging from co-collaboration and development, bespoke software development, software-as-a-service and integration projects.
- Data protection law advice in both the UK and Singapore, including numerous proof of concepts, data sharing agreements and website privacy terms.
- Advising on GDPR compliance implementation across Asian business units.
- Advising a data science team on privacy law complaint practices during their formation, including setting-up a ‘data lake’ for the efficient pooling and retrieval of data.
- Creating terms and conditions for the access and use of ‘open’ application programming interfaces (APIs) by external developers.
- Extensive experience advising on product and services procurement.
- Advising on the sourcing, selecting and implementation of preferred supplier panels.