Piotr Falarz is an advocate specializing in investigations, compliance, anti-bribery and anti-corruption matters. He also advises clients on issues related to unfair competition, the protection of reputation and cybercrime.
Piotr assists clients in internal investigations, including investigations conducted by public authorities, and litigation matters related to fraud and corruption in business. He supports clients in implementing preventive measures such as compliance programmes, employee training, risk management manuals and other guidelines aimed at mitigating business interruption.
Piotr also provides clients with detailed internal assessments to highlight corruption and compliance risks and assist in minimizing them. During his secondment to DLA Piper's offices in Chicago and Washington DC, he gained practical experience in assisting clients on issues related to the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - FCPA.
- Advising and representing a company from the steel industry as the injured party in criminal proceedings concerning business- and property-related offences committed by its former employees
- Advising a global media and entertainment company on audit management and on the preparation and implementation of internal compliance polices aimed at minimizing operational risks
- Advising a US technology company that was the victim of an international internet fraud
- Representing a US-based coatings manufacturer as an injured party in criminal proceedings related to crimes committed by former employees and in civil cases in connection with breaches of non-compete obligations
- Representing a leading FMCG company in an internal investigation and in criminal proceedings related to fraud
- Advising a leading global ICT provider in the course of an internal investigation concerning irregularities in defining the terms of sale of its products during the implementation of one of the company's projects
- Jagiellonian University, Postgraduate studies in penal fiscal and penal commercial law, 2016
- Jagiellonian University Degree: Master of International Relations, 2010
- Jagiellonian University Degree: Master of Laws, 2009
- 2022 - present, Counsel, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- 2017 - 2017, Law Clerk, DLA Piper (US), Chicago, Washington DC
- 2015 - 2022, Senior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- 2011 - 2015, Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- 2009 - 2011, Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw