Eric M. FalkenberryPartner
Eric Falkenberry specializes in the assessment, quantification, and transfer of litigation risk through data mining, litigation analytics, and predictive modeling, with a particular emphasis on the utilization of such tools to provide industry leading manufacturers, sellers, distributors and private equity concerns with strategic advice on how to sell, buy, manage and invest in litigation risk. He has represented nearly every class of manufacturer in both the litigation and transactional arenas, and has built a reputation for helping clients development strategic solutions to litigation risks throughout the world.
Eric also develops innovative tools and initiatives utilizing machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics to increase both the efficiency and quality of particular legal tasks.
Eric is the Chair of the Litigation Innovation Committee and Vice-Chair of the Innovation Review Board. He served as the Hiring Partner for the New York Office from 2006 until 2012.
Representative Examples of Recent Work
- Provided industry leading manufacturers, sellers, distributors and private equity concerns with strategic advice on the sale of litigation risk in multiple international jurisdictions.
- Developed various innovative tools and initiatives utilizing machine learning, natural language processing, and data analytics to increase both the efficiency and quality of particular legal tasks.
- Represented industry-leading pharmaceutical, medical device, automobile, heavy industrial machinery, tobacco, asbestos, and component part manufacturers in various product liability and commercial matters.
- Served as national, regional, jurisdictional and liaison counsel in numerous multi-district federal and state coordinated proceedings throughout the country.
- J.D., State University of New York at Buffalo 1995
Connelly Trial Technique Award Winner
Articles Editor, Buffalo Environmental Law Journal
- B.A., Hamilton College 1992
- University of Connecticut School of Business
Operations & Information Management
Advanced Graduate Certificate in Data Analytics 2018
Focus on data mining, predictive modeling and analytics
- Panel, "Data Analytics: Transforming the Way Law Firms and Corporate Legal Departments Handle Litigation," DRI Drug & Medical Device Virtual Seminar, November 5, 2020
- Article, "Want to Boost Tech Adoption? Get Personal, Rhys Dipshan," Law.com, May 29, 2020
- Panel, "Moneyballing with a Killer Contract Analytics Department," LegalTech, New York, NY, February 5, 2020
- Podcast, "Legal Analytics and the Future Practice of Law," NextLaw, New York, NY, February 5, 2020
- Interview, "10 Years of Legal Analytics," LegalTech, New York, NY, February 4, 2020
- Article, "Adoption of Contract Analytics All Comes Down to Trust, Rhys Dipshan," Law.com, January 28, 2020
- Presentation, "Analytics: A Data-Driven Approach to the Transformation of Law Firms and the Way They Practice Law," HBR Legal Lab, Denver, CO, April 14, 2019
- Presentation, "Litigation Analytics for the Business and Practice of Law, Knowledge and Innovation Leaders Summit," White & Case, New York, NY, February 1, 2019
- Moderator, "The Future is Now: Winning More Business with Legal Analytics," LegalTech, New York, NY, January 30, 2019
- Panel, "Artificial Intelligence Boot Camp 2.O," ALM LegalWeek Workshop, New York, NY, January 28, 2019
- Webcast, "The Future of Law: The 2018 Data Driven Lawyer Awards," Law360, December 12, 2018
- Article, "Data-Driven Lawyer: DLA Piper’s Eric Falkenberry," Law360, December 3, 2018
- Panel, "Probability Theory and Data Analytics: Evaluating Litigation Risk in the 21st Century," UConn School of Law, Hartford, CT, April 27, 2018
- Presentation, "Analytics: A Data-Driven Approach to the Transformation of Law Firms and the Way They Practice Law," Lexpo, The Legal Innovation Event, Amsterdam, Netherlands, April 17, 2018
- Presentation, "Litigation Analytics Bootcamp CLE," DLA Piper, New York, NY, March 15, 2018
- Webinar, "Product Liability: The Next Frontier for Legal Analytics," Above the Law, November 14, 2017
- Presentation, "How Much Is That Litigation in the Window?," The Legal Lab at Chicago Kent School of Law, Chicago, IL, October 19, 2017
Civic and Charitable
Memberships And Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute