Alex Giraldo is an experienced litigator with extensive courtroom experience. Alex represents companies in mass toxic tort litigation as well as real estate and commercial disputes. Alex has defended the world’s largest petroleum and chemical companies in high-stakes premises and product liability trials. He also has experience representing entrepreneurs, private companies and high net worth individuals in commercial and real estate disputes, ranging from breach of contract to shareholder profit disputes.
Alex is ranked by the Legal 500 among the top lawyers in the United States in the practice area of Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Toxic Tort – Defense. He has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Southern California “Rising Star” since 2020.
Alex has significant jury trial experience. His trial skills include the direct and cross-examination of fact and expert witnesses, drafting and arguing pre-trial motions, jury selection, and preparing opening statements. Alex began his trial training as a law clerk in the United States Attorney’s Office, where he assisted the Assistant U.S. Attorney in a wrongful death case alleging medical malpractice, resulting in a defense verdict. After graduating law school, Alex was selected as an American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) Fellow for the Los Angeles Chapter, where he honed his skills with instruction from the top trial lawyers in Los Angeles. Alex is a graduate of the Los Angeles ABOTA Masters in Trial program and a member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
Companies ranging from the Fortune 100 to start-ups have relied on Alex to manage litigation from inception through trial, to resolve cases at mediation, and to defend their victories on appeal.
- Trial lawyer representing petrochemical companies in land-based refinery action and federal maritime action. Alameda, CA.
- Trial lawyer in product liability action involving dental products. San Francisco, CA.
- Trial lawyer in traumatic brain injury case defending truck rental company. Los Angeles, CA.
- Defended petroleum company in involving cross-border litigation brought by refinery workers, resulting in judgment in client’s favor after a bench trial. Los Angeles, CA.
- Former local counsel to largest package delivery company in U.S., litigating automotive collision cases in California.
- Defended automotive seat system manufacturer in catastrophic injury case.
- Defended elevator manufacturer against contractual indemnity claim arising out of catastrophic injury case, resulting in dismissal.
- Irani, Fifth Appellate District (affirmed in client’s favor)
- Khosravan, Second Appellate District (affirmed in client’s favor)
- Viale, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals (affirmed in client’s favor)
- Sabetian, Second Appellate District Case No. B297107 (affirmed in client’s favor in published decision)
- Southwestern Law School
- B.A., University of San Diego
- "Rising Star" by Super Lawyers (2020-2022)
- Legal 500 U.S. Rankings Product Liability, Mass Tort and Class Action: Toxic Tort – Defense (2022)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, "Masters in Trial Program," Graduate
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Los Angeles Chapter, 2016 Fellow
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member, Association of Southern California Defense Counsel (ASCDC)
- Mentor, Leadership Counsel on Legal Diversity (LCLD)