Lisa GlasbandOf Counsel
Lisa focuses on product liability, toxic tort, personal injury and professional liability, environmental, consumer fraud, professional liability and insurance litigation on behalf of Fortune 500 companies in state and federal courts throughout the US. She has represented a number of consumer products companies in class action litigation brought under consumer protection and consumer fraud statutes, including the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act and the New Jersey Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act.
Lisa has significant experience defending personal injury and professional liability matters ranging from the defense of single direct handle plaintiff cases for healthcare and aging services facilities to the defense of life sciences and product manufacturers in mass tort actions.
Lisa has led or co-led the following significant matters:
- A manufacturer of spray foam insulation systems in product liability matters filed in state courts around the country, as well as in matters before the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- A multinational toy manufacturer in threatened product liability litigations around the county.
- A publicly traded insurance company in complex commercial litigations in New Jersey state court where plaintiffs asserted claims for breach of contract, tortious interference and conspiracy to defraud.
- A multinational manufacturing company in asbestos litigation in New Jersey state court.
- One of the largest kidney care healthcare providers against purported class action in Colorado federal court, and in related federal multi-district litigation for injuries and deaths allegedly resulting from use of prescription medical devices.
- Multi-national retail chains, consumer product companies and service providers on New Jersey Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act's impact on their businesses.
- A professional sports team and entertainment company in a class action litigation in New Jersey federal court arising out of allegations concerning the New Jersey Truth-in-Consumer Contract, Warranty and Notice Act.
- A global chemical company in toxic tort and product liability litigation related to the company's manufacture and sale of the dry-cleaning solvent perchloroethylene.
- A multi-national construction company and a regional cable television and radio network with respiratory claims arising from alleged exposure to a particulate matter, diesel and asbestos during major arena renovation.
- The largest metropolitan municipality and more than 150 of its contractors with more than 10,000 personal injury claims brought by individuals who participated in the rescue, recovery and debris removal activities in the aftermath of the 9/11 World Trade Center terrorist attacks.
- A prestigious advisory panel in its independent review of the quality and safety processes of one of the world's largest automobile manufacturers and advising the panel about its issuance of a public report making recommendations to the company's senior management.
- A major chemical company in its medical monitoring, remediation, personal injury and environmental claims arising out of plant operations in various state and federal courts throughout the country.
- International chemical manufacturers in toxic tort matters involving alleged exposure to vinyl chloride and product liability actions in various state courts, including New Jersey, Ohio and Maryland.
- A major chemical manufacturer in toxic tort cases throughout the US involving alleged exposure to Agent Orange.
- J.D., Rutgers University
- B.A., University of Delaware
- Named to New Jersey Law Journal's "40 Under 40" list
- Named to NJBiz's "New Jersey’s Best 50 Women in Business" list
- Named to NJBiz's "Forty Under 40" list
- "Unmasking COVID Coverage Problems: Federal Court Decides Business Interruption Issue," New Jersey Law Journal, August 2021
- "The Uncertain Landscape of NJ Consumer Warranty Act Cases," Law360, August 2016
- "Those Terms and Conditions (That Nobody Reads) Could Cost N.J. Retailers," New Jersey Real-Time News, August 2016
- "NJ Class Suits over E-Commerce Disclaimers Causing Stir," New Jersey Law Journal, April 2016
- Author, "Federal Rule of Evidence 804(b)(3)—The Statements Against Penal Interest Exception to the Hearsay Rule After Lilly v. Virginia, 527 U.S. 116 (1999): Making the Distinction Between Custodial and Non-Custodial Statements for Sixth Amendment Analysis," 32 Rutgers Law Journal 519, 2001
- Author, "The Constitution of the State of Hawaii, Due Process and the 1978 Provision Embracing the Right to Privacy: State v. Mallan, 950 P.2D 178 (Haw. 1998)," 30 Rutgers Law Journal 1179, 1999
- "The Biggest New Jersey Cases of 2017," Law360, December 2017
- Prior to entering private practice, Lisa served as a law clerk for the Honorable Jaynee LaVecchia in the Supreme Court of New Jersey and for the Honorable Dennis Cavanaugh in the US District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Civic and Charitable
- Served on the advisory board of the NJ Law and Education Empowerment Project
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey