Matthias GoumasSenior Associate
Matthias Goumas is experienced in international arbitration, with a special focus on aviation and energy law. In addition, he conducts frequently post M&A disputes.
- Various international arbitration proceedings and litigations relating to the aviation industry
- Arbitration proceedings and state court litigation relating to energy law (power plant construction, solar plant construction, construction and operation of wind energy facilities)
- Various post M&A-disputes (ICC, DIS and state court proceedings)
- Arbitrations on the liability of board members vis-à-vis their public limited company
- University of Hamburg, First State Examination, 2005
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Second State Examination 2007
Matthias has published various judgment reviews in legal journals.
Before joining the Hamburg office of DLA Piper in 2012, Mathias worked for the public prosecutor´s office and as a judge for civil law/commercial law, specialized inter alia on construction law and on banking law (2008-2011).