Alice Adu GyamfiAssociate
Alice Adu Gyamfi focuses her practice on international commercial and investment arbitration and investigations. Ms. Gyamfi has represented sovereign states, individuals and multinational companies in arbitrations under leading institutional and ad hoc rules such as the ICC, ICSID, AAA/ICDR and UNCITRAL Rules.
Ms. Gyamfi is a dedicated pro bono advocate. Notable representations include advising the South Sudan Ministry of Justice on implementing transitional justice processes and drafting the implementing legislation for its Commission on Truth, Reconciliation and Healing.
- Representing an investor in an investment treaty arbitration brought by the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, pursuant to the OIC Agreement concerning the alleged expropriation of a pharmaceutical company.
- Representing the Sultanate of Oman related to a claim brought by a Saudi investor pursuant to the OIC Agreement concerning a construction project.
- Representing Claimant in an ICC arbitration related to the alleged breach of a sponsorship agreement.
- Representing a multinational technology company in a claim for indemnity of patent litigation suits under an Acquisition Agreement in an ICC arbitration.
- Represented an energy manufacturer in an ICC arbitration related to the construction of a methanol power plant, which was successfully settled in favor of our client.
- Conducted a comprehensive internal investigation of corporate supply chain protocols for a multinational pharmaceutical company related to its operations in central Asia.
- Advised a US defense contractor on International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other State Department controlled goods regulations.
- In re Zantac (Ranitidine) Products Liability Litigation, MDL 2924 (SD. Fla.): Serving as co-national counsel for Sanofi in multi district litigation involving thousands of cancer claims and medical monitoring, third party payor and consumer fraud class actions.
- J.D., Penn State Law, 2020
Concentrations in International Arbitration and Foreign Comparative Law
- B.A., International Politics, Penn State University
LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2021
Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar
Salzburg Cutler Global Fellow