Jenny HarrisonSenior Associate
Jenny Harrison practices in the area of construction, engineering and infrastructure dispute resolution.
Jenny provides contractual, practical, operational and risk management advice on distressed, high value or strategically critical projects. She has experience in all forms of dispute resolution including litigation, mediation, adjudication and arbitration, and also advises on dispute avoidance, ADR and contract administration on projects before disputes arise.
Jenny regularly acts for parties across the spectrum of PPP/PFI projects including Local Government, the Public Sector, Private Sector Entities (including secondary market investment entities) and Contractors. Jenny works in all sectors of the infrastructure market including health, education, transport, energy and waste. Jenny has a reputation for delivering the highest standard of clear and commercial advice to clients, and for understanding clients’ business, objectives and the sectors in which they operate.
- A UK local authority in the defence of a number of claims arising out of the construction phase of a metropolitan light rail system. Total claims value of GBP110m. Jenny was responsible for developing and running a multi-party mediation process to seek to resolve the most significant of the claims. Matter concluded 2020.
- Multiple investment fund clients in relation to the legal and practical consequences of the liquidation of a major UK FM Contractor, and providing legal and operational support immediately following the liquidation. Matter concluded 2020.
- A secondary market infrastructure investor in relation to the termination of a memorandum of understanding in relation to the development and financing of two Big Data Centres in Europe. Matter concluded 2020.
- On behalf of co-investors in a PFI SPV in the investigation and development of a claim in respect of pipework defects in a medium temperature hot water system at an acute hospital in Scotland. Jenny was responsible for managing the technical investigations involving five experts and subsequently developing a claim against the construction contractor, independent certifier and facilities management contractor. On-going.
- The investors in a PFI SPV in respect of claims arising as a result of construction issues (including fire systems) at a large, acute UK hospital project in the North of England, which gave rise to substantive deductions consequences. Advice involves the interpretation of maintenance provisions and the lawfulness of the deductions profile, as well as supply chain management. On-going.
- A SPV client in respect of defective fire-stopping at a large UK Schools Project. Providing long-term strategic advice, and acting on various dispute resolution processes, including adjudication and litigation across the Project supply chain. On-going.
- A UK University in relation to claims arising from defects discovered in the design and construction of student accommodation. Responsible for managing the factual and technical investigations and developing a claim against the construction contractors. On-going.
- A UK Contractor in respect of construction and maintenance failings across eight Scottish Schools Projects which gave rise to substantial remedial works costs and deductions consequences. On-going.
- A big six energy supplier in a County Court litigation arising from the installation of energy saving measures in a UK residential property. Successfully achieved a summary judgment award from the judge on the grounds of limitation. Matter concluded 2019.
- A UK Charity in respect of the termination of a D&B Contract for works required at a London wildlife habitat as a result of the insolvency of the Building Contractor. Matter concluded 2019.
- College of Law, Manchester: Legal Practice Course, 2012
- BPP Law School, Manchester: Graduate Diploma in Law, 2011
- Kings College London: German and History BA (Hons), 2010
- Pro-Manchester Made in Manchester Awards – Lawyer of the Year 2020 - Highly Commended
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Society of Construction Law