Guillermo specializes in the resolution of conflicts and controversies, with extensive experience in judicial and arbitration proceedings in the most diverse matters. Among them, civil processes (processes of obligations, contracts, civil liability, among others); business processes (actions derived from the General Corporation Law, securities market, financing operations, national financial and insurance system actions, among others); administrative contentious proceedings (the challenge of decisions issued by the various entities of the Peruvian State against our legal system); as well as in constitutional processes (both in defense of the fundamental rights of clients, and in processes of constitutional control of the norms given by the State), and in labor-related processes.
Likewise, Guillermo has extensive experience and participation in national and international arbitrations defending the interests of clients; and as a member of various Arbitration Courts in commercial, civil and administrative matters.
He has also been a lawyer and head of the Legal Litigation and Arbitration areas at the Trazegnies & Uría Law Firm (today the Payet, Rey, Cauvi, Pérez Abogados Law Firm); partner of Estudio Berninzon, Loret de Mola & Benavides; and partner in the Barrios Fuentes Gallo Abogados Law Firm.
- J.D., Pontificia Universidad Catolica del Peru, 1996
- Bachiller en Derecho (Law Degree), 1996
- LACCA: "Approved" in Arbitration (2018-2021)
- Chambers Latin America
2022 - Band 4, Peru Dispute Resolution: Litigation
Chambers comments, "Respected litigator Guillermo Hesse is endorsed by an interviewee for being a 'strategic lead partner at the firm,' while another observer states: 'Guillermo Hesse is a good lawyer who leads this department in an efficient and methodical way.'"
2018-21 - Band 4, Peru Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Peru Dispute Resolution
The Legal 500 comments, "Commercial arbitration, headed by litigator and arbitration specialist Guillermo Hesse. Hesse also leads the firm’s in-demand litigation service, which handles constitutional and administrative disputes against State and local government entities, and has a growing caseload of contractual fall-out and real estate rights matters, currently."
2022 - Recommended, Latin America: International Firms International Arbitration
The Legal 500 comments, "Guillermo Hesse focuses on complex commercial arbitrations."
2017-21 - Recommended, Peru Dispute Resolution
- Author, "Arbitration and Globalization of Law: Comments on the Peruvian Case," Revista Punto Medio, Center for Analysis and Resolution of Conflicts of the Pontifical University of Peru, Year 3, No. 3, July 2010
- Author, "The Egg or the Chicken?: the need for justice or seek the best alternative," Legal Magazine, No. 80, Supplement of Legal Analysis of El Peruano, December 2009
- Author, "Arbitration before the Constitutional Court: Advances in its Jurisdictional Legitimacy," PROJUSTICIA, December 2009
- Author, "Player Number Twelve: Beginning of the End or End of the Beginning," Iberoamerican Yearbook of Sports Law, Year 1, 2009
- Author, "Approach to the Judicial Proof of Judicial Review of Civil Procedural Law," Editorial Development Fund, University of Lima, First Edition, 2003
Before joining Pizarro, Botto & Escobar, Guillermo was a partner with two other Peruvian law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lima Bar Association
- International Bar Association