Michal Hink is partner of Real estate practice at DLA Piper Prague’s office.
Michal, with more than 20 years of experience, is a market recognized expert in the fields of real estate, development, residential and logistics and has been involved in major real estate acquisitions and disposals and largest developments in the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Central and Eastern Europe.
He regularly advises institutional clients during the whole process of real estate mergers & acquisitions and their financing, i.e., starting from assistance to clients with negotiation of pre-contractual documents, running a legal due diligence and coordination with other due diligence providers, drafting and negotiation of transaction documents as well as assistance in connection with related post-closing matters.
Furthermore, Michal has extensive experience in advising on logistics and built-to suit projects, asset management and leasing work, with a special focus on industrial sector, regulatory aspects of the real estate development, as well as on residential and private rented sector (PRS).
Prior joining DLA Piper, Michal was Investment General Counsel/Head of Legal of the investment team of a leading European residential real estate investor and manager, which focuses on investment and property management in the private rented sector across Europe. During these years, he was involved in transactions more than EUR12bn across eight European countries.
- Advising a global investment fund on a successful sale of Amazon Fulfilment Center in Dobroviz, Czech Republic, the giant logistics building with a leasable area of 125,000 sq.m., to Samsung Securities. The largest single asset industrial transaction in the Czech Republic at the time.
- Advising a leading international property investor on the sale of a multi-country portfolio of 23 logistics parks to Prologis, a leading owner, operator and developer of industrial logistics properties. The portfolio includes three logistics parks in the Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia.
- Advising an owner, developer and manager of European logistics properties in connection with a pan-European portfolio disposal consisting of 16 logistics assets in 7 countries (Czech Republic, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Italy and Poland) to a Chinese investor.
- Advising an European real estate investment management firm on acquisition of two shopping centers - Forum Nova Karolina in Ostrava and Forum Ústí nad Labem in the Czech Republic, for an amount close to EUR300m from Multi Corporation.
- Advising a real estate investment management company on the financing and acquisition of portfolio of 6 Tesco hypermarkets and galleries from Carrefour in the Czech Republic. More than 8-year close cooperation with the client and its property managers on subsequent asset management, restructuring, development, financing, divestment and other property related issues. Advising on the sale of the shares of an entity owning Stodůlky Shopping Center in Prague to XXXLutz.
- Advising one of the largest bank on the Czech market on the acquisition of a modern administrative building in the administrative and residential district CITY WEST in Praha Stodůlky, through a forward purchase of the company being part of the group of Finep Holding and Ungelt Partners.
- Advising an operator of a multi-boutique, global asset management company, on acquisition of the Prague Marriott Hotel and the neighboring shopping mall and office complex Millennium Plaza in Prague 1, the Czech Republic.
- Advising on acquisition of land plots and buildings in Prague, the Czech Republic of the residential development known as Project Fénix from the company Top.Estates Holding a.s.
- Acting as Investment General Counsel/Head of Legal of the investment team of a leading European residential real estate investor and manager in acquisition of the Akelius Group in Germany, Sweden and Denmark and its entire residential portfolios of 599 properties with 28,776 apartments located in five big European cities: Berlin (14,050 apartments), Hamburg (3,592), Stockholm (5,934), Malmö (4,107), and Copenhagen (1,093) for the total purchase price of EUR9.1bn.
- Acting as Investment General Counsel/Head of Legal of the investment team of a leading European residential real estate investor and manager in negotiation of complex contractual arrangements with a leading residential developer on a long-term cooperation, pre-development financing and subsequent forward funding acquisitions of 12 projects with total capacity of 3,600 units.
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2001
- From June 2023, Partner, DLA Piper Prague LLP
- 2021 – 2023, Investment General Counsel/Head of Legal, an European residential real estate investor and manager
- 2019 – 2021, Czech Republic Managing Partner, a Global law firm
- 2015 – 2021, Partner, a Global law firm
- 2013 – 2021, Co-Head of Real Estate practice, Czech Republic and Slovakia, a Global law firm
Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of Real Estate Market Development (ARTN)