Thomas Høj PedersenPartner
Thomas Høj Pedersen has vast experience in the sale and purchase of real estate, including completing sale and purchase procedures, due diligence, and negotiations. Thomas has assisted foreign as well as Danish property investors in a number of major real-estate transactions.
In addition, Thomas has extensive experience in construction and consultancy law and has for about 10 years assisted construction-project parties in drawing up and negotiating contracts. Furthermore, he has conducted a number of survey proceedings, performance-bond-payment proceedings as well as lawsuits before the ordinary courts and arbitration proceedings before the Danish Arbitration Board for Building and Construction. As part of his regular services, Thomas advises construction-project parties on negotiation, risk management and preservation of evidence as well as dispute resolution, including alternative dispute resolution.
Thomas also provides advice in connection with issues relating to business leases, including contract negotiation and disputes, and is also involved in real-estate project development.
Thomas has an LL.M. from the University of San Diego and has worked as a mediator at the San Diego Court.
Extract of legal assistance provided:
- Assisting foreign investor in the purchase of a larger property in Denmark (2017)
- Assisting project developer in the development of residential properties in the Copenhagen area (2016-2017)
- Assisting developer of a hotel in Copenhagen (2016-2017)
- Assisting owner of the Royal Arena Copenhagen in construction of the Arena and hand-over to the tenant (2016)
- Assisting seller with the sale of a property located in Copenhagen (2016)
- Assisting foreign investor in the purchase of approx. 900 residential units in Copenhagen (2015-2016) (+ EUR 350m)
- Assisting foreign investor in the purchase of approx. 1,100 residential units in Denmark (2015) (+ EUR 250m)
- Assisting seller with individual sales of 25 commercial properties in Denmark to different buyers (2014-2016)
- Assisting contractor in major arbitration case (2009-2016)
- Assisting commercial tenant in a principled dispute for the Danish High Court (2016)
- University of San Diego, LL.M. Business & Corporate Law, 2013
- National Conflict Resolution Center, USA, Mediator, 2013
- University of Aarhus, Master of Law, 2007
Université Jean Moulin III, Lyon, 2005