Erin Hunter R.P.F.She/HerAssociate
Erin Hunter has a general civil litigation practice with a specialty in forestry matters.
Erin advises clients in civil litigation matters across a wide variety of practice areas, including forestry, commercial, and Indigenous law matters. She has appeared before the Provincial Court and Supreme Court of British Columbia, and has represented clients at administrative tribunals, including the Workers’ Compensation Appeal Tribunal and the Forest Appeals Commission.
Erin joined the firm in 2014 as a summer articled student. After attending law school, Erin completed a judicial clerkship with the BC Supreme Court in Victoria and articled with DLA Piper in Vancouver. Following her call to the British Columbia bar in 2017, Erin practised in general civil litigation and federal criminal prosecutions for a mid-size law firm in Kamloops.
Prior to attending law school, Erin enjoyed a rewarding career as a professional forester in Kamloops, working in primarily timber supply, First Nations consultation, and forest planning. Erin’s clients benefit from her background and expertise in forestry, and her experience in forestry matters includes wildfire cost recovery and penalty appeals under the Wildfire Act. Erin is a registered member of the Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals.
- J.D., Thompson Rivers University, 2015
- Advanced Diploma, Geographic Information Systems, BCIT, 2003
- BSc in Forestry, University of British Columbia, 1999
- TRU Law Ken Lepin Award of Excellence (2015)
- Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals valedictorian (2006)
- TRU Law Society of Law Students Academic Director (2013-2015)
- Member, Sun Peaks Nordic Club
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
- Registered member of Association of British Columbia Forest Professionals (2022)