Ramsey's practice focuses on international dispute resolution, trade and regulatory matters.
Ramsey has considerable experience advising U.S. and international companies on compliance with respect to economic sanctions and U.S. export controls, defending white-collar criminal inquiries and conducting special investigations. He has been involved in a variety of matters relating to economic sanctions administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and has designed compliance programs for companies in the pharmaceutical, petrochemical, and general manufacturing industries.
Ramsey also has strong dispute resolution experience, regularly appearing as counsel in arbitration proceedings and advising on disputes throughout the Middle East.
Ramsey is the four-term elected President of the American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, a chapter of the US Chamber of Commerce, and is a champion for US - UAE trade and investment.
- Advised numerous U.S. and European companies on economic sanctions on Iran, Russia, and Sudan, with a particular expertise in OFAC general licenses for food, medicine, personal consumer electronics, and non-U.S. subsidiaries of U.S. companies (General License H)
- Trial counsel or arbitrator in approximately 15 arbitrations under the rules of the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- Advising a Saudi Arabian construction conglomerate on contracts and claims for three high-profile projects, valued at US$ 5 billion, in Saudi Arabia
- Developed export control policies and procedures for several multinational companies, including a global electronics manufacturer, a pharmaceutical manufacture, and a petrochemical company
- Represented two contractors and three employees in a U.S. Department of Justice investigation into illegal payments in Afghanistan, with a favourable resolution
- Conducted a special investigation on behalf of a major US insurance company relating to a multi-million dollar claim based on allegations of employee fraud
- The George Washington University Law School, Juris Doctor, with Honors, 2005
- American University of Beirut, Bachelor of Arts, with Honors, 2001
Memberships And Affiliations
- Arbitrator, Dubai International Arbitration Centre
- Registered Practitioner (Part II), Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Courts
- President, American Business Council of Dubai & the Northern Emirates, 2012-2017