Emilia Kalecka specialises in individual labour law. She has several years of experience in providing legal services to both Polish and foreign companies and individual clients on issues related to the conclusion, termination and amendment employment and civil law contracts, including those of managerial staff. She also assists international companies in establishing their business activities in Poland as well as advises on the developing and implementing of internal company regulations, including those on remote work, bonuses and mobbing.
Emilia also supports employers in a variety of employee litigation and advises on current immigration and social security issues. She has substantial experience in labor law audits and due diligence projects.
She is the author and co-author of numerous publications on labour law in legal journals and academic journals. Emilia also every year prepares students to participate in international arbitration labour law competitions –the HS Moot Court Competition.
- Providing ongoing advice to international capital groups, including the world leader in the automotive industry, and preparing employment law documentation.
- Advising one of the world's largest biopharmaceutical companies in over a hundred proceedings initiated by the Social Insurance Institution (ZUS), as well as in court proceedings against the National Health Fund concerning the establishing of compulsory health insurance coverage.
- Providing ongoing legal support for clients in multifaceted projects related to business alignment, cost-optimisation and organisation of workplaces during the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Representing clients before the courts in matters relating to labour law, including employment, accidents at work and overtime pay.
- Supporting Polish and foreign enterprises in the implementation of amendments to remuneration and bonus regulations.
- Supporting an international energy group in dealing with a serious accident at work.*
- Providing ongoing support to a multinational pharmaceutical company in carrying out a collective redundancy process.*
* Denotes experience from a previous firm
- University of Łódź, Master of Laws, 2016
- November 2021 - present, Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- December 2019 – November 2021, Junior Associate, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- April 2019 - December 2019, trainee attorney-at-law, Law Firm, Warsaw
- April 2017 - April 2019, Legal trainee, Law Firm, Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations
- Bar Association of Attorneys-at-law, trainee attorney-at-law
My latest insights
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read