Matthew Kinell is an Associate in the Real Estate Practice Group.
Matt specializes in transactional commercial real estate, including the representation of owners, developers, and investors in the acquisition, financing, permitting, disposition, leasing, and joint venture structuring of all commercial property types. In addition, Matt has experience in mergers and acquisitions, other business and financial transactions, and environmental issues.
- J.D., Roger Williams University
- B.S., Syracuse University
- Chambers USA
- Associate to Watch, Real Estate, Massachusetts (2021-2022)
- Southeastern Connecticut, 40 Under Forty Award (2014)
- Co-author, "Impacts of Covid-19 on Commercial Real Estate Contracts," Brown Rudnick Client Alert (April 6, 2020)
- Co-author, "Massachusetts Governor Baker Signs Into Law Bill Preventing Certain Eviction and Foreclosure Proceedings," Brown Rudnick Client Alert (April 22, 2020)
- Drafted and negotiated acquisition, disposition, and financing of numerous individual and portfolio transactions across the United States, including by local owner-operators, regional, national, and international investment companies, and national publicly-traded REITs.
- Representation of a local joint venture in its $100 million disposition of a six-building portfolio located in Bristol County, MA, totaling over 1,000,000 SF of multi-tenanted industrial space.
- Representation of an international real estate investment/management company in its $60 million acquisition of a 250,000+ SF industrial manufacturing facility and adjacent 25,000 SF office condominium in Suffolk County, MA.
- Representation of an international athletic company in the disposition of its 130,000 SF corporate headquarters.
- Representation of a local real estate investment/management company in its $340 million disposition of investment property, joint venture reorganization, re-capitalization, and acquisition of additional investment property.
- Representation of a local joint venture in its $60 million disposition of a six-building portfolio located in Middlesex County, MA, totaling over 450,000 SF of multi-tenanted flex, R&D, and office space.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Board Member, Roger Williams University Real Estate Advisory Board
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Connecticut Bar Association
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member, Real Estate Finance Association (REFA)