Rodney KoOf Counsel
Rodney Ko advises on regulatory and compliance issues, with focus on investigations conducted by government authorities including Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Independent Commission against Corruption. His clients include listed companies, financial institutions and high net worth individuals.
Rodney Ko has twenty two years of experience in handling civil commercial disputes including corporate disputes, winding up proceedings, recovery of misappropriation of frauds, internet fraud and shareholder’s disputes.
- Acting for a major securities company in Hong Kong in a dispute with a company listed in Nasdaq in relation to a subscription agreement and convertible note signed by both parties with claims in the sum of over USD12 million.
- Advising a major securities company in Hong Kong on their potential liability in relation to an investigation conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
- Advising a regulated person under the Securities and Futures Ordinance in respond to disciplinary proceedings conducted by the Securities and Futures Commission of Hong Kong.
- Acting for a well-known business person claiming damages against the editor and publisher of a magazine for defamation with claims amounting to about HKD5 million.
- Acting for a well-known business person claiming damages against a celebrity in Hong Kong for defamation with claims amounting to about HKD3 million.
- Acting for a supplier of machinery defending a claim by a customer for goods sold and delivered in an international arbitration with claims amount to about USD2 million.
- Advising a shareholder of a major company carrying on business in the media on a dispute with other shareholders involving multiple court applications for injunctions.
- Advising the board of directors of a listed company in Hong Kong on investigations conducted by the ICAC.
- Acting for major shareholders of a company listed on Nasdaq defending claims by an investor of the company for breach of security agreement.
- Advising a major securities company in Hong Kong on their liability in relation to a breach of securities regulations by their employee.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- The University of Hong Kong, PCLL,1996
- University of Hong Kong, LLB,1995