Anna KopaniaSenior Associate
Anna Kopania specializes in advising entities in the construction, energy, real estate and insurance industries. She represents clients in proceedings before civil and commercial courts and in arbitration proceedings. She has extensive experience in handling cases involving infrastructure projects, including those implemented through public procurement, public-private partnerships and those based on FIDIC contract templates, where she acts as an attorney in litigation, represents clients in negotiations and provides pre-litigation advice.
Her experience in the insurance sector includes advice and representation during proceedings before the Financial Supervision Authority and before administrative courts. Anna also acts in proceedings concerning the indemnity liability of insurers. She has experience in conducting disputes resolved with the use of Community law instruments and disputes with a cross-border element.
In addition, Anna handles cases involving commercial agency contracts, including representing clients in proceedings involving liability for damages and acts of unfair competition.
- Advising a contractor in a dispute with its subcontractor concerning the performance of a construction work contract for the modernisation of rail infrastructure (value of claims: approx. PLN 37 million).
- Advising a leading global design and engineering company in a dispute with an investor concerning the performance of an agreement for the development of design documentation and tender materials.
- Advising a consortium of companies from the infrastructure sector in negotiations with the investor and with the engineer of an investment project on matters relating to settlements under an FIDIC-based construction work contract and on ongoing issues regarding the performance of the contract.
- Advising a leading LPG distributor in Poland in proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection relating to fines imposed on it by the Head of the Railway Transport Office.
- Advising a company belonging to an international Belgium-based investor from the renewable energy sector in proceedings before the Court of Competition and Consumer Protection concerning the issuing of a decision to connect an off-shore wind farm to the national electricity grid.
- Advising a Polish airline in a dispute with a foreign tour operator concerning the provision of chartered transport and soliciting customers on a foreign market.
- Warsaw School of Economics, Postgraduate studies, Legal and Economic Foundations of the Investment Process, 2016
- The Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences Postgraduate Competition Law Studies, 2013
- University of Warsaw, Master of Laws, 2012
University of Warsaw, Institute of International Relations, Master of Arts, 2012