George leverages his broad experience and diverse background to provide his clients with strategic advice that combines development, financing, leasing and operational considerations in commercial real estate deals.
His experience includes negotiating purchase and sale agreements, joint ventures, senior and mezzanine financing, residual value insurance and commercial leases involving office, retail, multifamily residential and industrial properties throughout the United States. George also represents developers of large-scale projects in Boston in permitting and zoning efforts, as well as in the creation of complex condominium regimes and operational matters.
George maintains a broad range of experience to provide strategic advice across the spectrum of commercial real estate matters, including:
- Representing the HYM Investment Group in the operation, permitting and redevelopment of the 161-acre former Suffolk Downs racetrack site into a 16 million square foot mixed-use residential, office, retail, and hotel development
- Representing the owner-developer of the Block M luxury condominium located in Boston's Seaport Square in connection with state and local permitting efforts, construction financing and implementing a two-tier condominium regime for the property, involving three mixed-use towers containing 717 residential units, retail space and a three-story underground parking garage
- Representing a residual value insurance provider in a US$370 million national CTL portfolio financing as well as additional financings totaling over US$550 million secured by real property across the United States
- Representing the borrower in the refinancing of a US$130 million line of credit secured by property in Virginia
- Representing the lender in US$50 million of mezzanine CTL loan transactions and related issuance of lease-collateralized pass-through trust certificates to third party institutional investors
Joint Ventures & Conveyancing:
- Representing a Boston-based real estate developer and owner in the US$482 million sale of an office tower in Boston's premier seaport district
- Representing a US$7 billion private REIT in the formation of joint ventures and the acquisition, disposition and financing of office, retail and industrial properties in New Jersey, New York and California
- Representing a global real estate investment manager with over US$50 billion in assets in the acquisition and disposition of commercial real estate in deals totaling over US$350 million.
- Representing the landlord in the leasing and buildout of an approx. 400,000 rsf food manufacturing and distribution center in New Jersey
- Representing the owner in connection with a master leasing and marketing arrangement for wireless communications involving a portfolio of over 230 properties throughout the United States.
- J.D., University of Notre Dame
Articles Editor of the Notre Dame Journal of Law, Ethics and Public Policy
- B.A., Economics, International Relations, Boston University