Edison LiRegistered Foreign Lawyer
Edison Li mainly focuses on commercial litigation and arbitration with particular focus on international trade, JV and shipping. Edison handles ad hoc arbitrations and institutional arbitrations.
Edison is an associate in the Litigation and Regulation team, based in DLA Piper's Hong Kong office.
- Advising in Hong Kong arbitration proceedings concerning strategic and management agreements of several new hotel developments in various cities in China*
- Assisting in advising a Chinese technology company in its dispute with a government in Africa concerning the development of its telecommunication systems*
- Assisting in advising a Chinese home electric appliances enterprise in sale of goods contract template*
- Assisting in advising clients on Mareva injunction applications in the Hong Kong High Court*
- Advising clients in ongoing FCPA investigations by US and UK authorities*
- Assisting in advising a PRC Shipyard in a London Arbitration for contractual dispute involving shipbuilding contracts for two vessels*
- Assisting in advising a Chinese Energy company in London arbitration proceedings concerning the sales and purchase of 10 vessels*
- Assisting in advising PRC companies in various charter party disputes*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- The University of Hong Kong, Master of Common Law
Memberships And Affiliations
- Peoples Republic of China Qualified Solicitor
My latest insights
Spar Shipping v. Grand China Logistics: English court judgment recognised in mainland...
27 July 2022 .9 minute read
Successful asset preservation application in Mainland China prior to the recognition of...
17 November 2021 .7 minute read