Winnie Liang LLBSenior Associate
Winnie Liang is experienced in a range of major development projects and high-value real estate asset disposals and acquisitions across Australia. Winnie acts for institutional developers, international investors, hotel owners, list and unlisted funds and private clients, with a particular focus on acquisition, development and disposal of commercial, industrial and retail properties.
Winnie also has experience in foreign investment advisory, property financing and matters involving personal property securities
- Advising Poly Gobal in relation to the development and leasing of Poly Centre, 210-220 George Street, Sydney
- Acting for Lululemon Athletica Australia as their key legal adviser in relation to their retail tenancy portfolio across Australia
- Acting for PAYCE (after privatisation) in relation to its development and subsequent disposal of ‘Pierside’, Wentworth Point, a large scale mixed use development carried out pursuant to development rights granted by Sydney Olympic Park Authority as part of the revitalisation of Sydney Olympic Park including providing titling solutions, negotiating variations to development agreement, transaction structuring for takeout buyers and drafting transaction documents relating to the disposal of interests
- Acting for Mobil Oil Australia on the divestment of various industrial sites across Australia with particular focus on preparing put and call option agreements and contracts for sale*
- Acting for the Royal Group on the disposal of InterContinental Double Bay hotel through a competitive bid process including structuring advice, vendor due diligence, project management, and negotiating transaction documents*
- Acting for Shimao Property Group, a large property developer in Hong Kong, on the acquisition of various commercial and agricultural land, including the acquisition of 6 cattle stations in the Kimberley region of Western Australia including assisting with drafting of transaction documents, obtaining foreign investment approval and ministerial consent to the transfer* * experience gained at a previous firm
- Acting for Zone Q (now Peakstone) in various high profile commercial acquisitions in Sydney and Melbourne involving due diligence, in-depth tenancy reviews, negotiation of contract and other transaction documents and foreign investment approval*
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law, 2012
- Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales, 2011
Winnie has been recognised by Doyles as a Property & Real Estate Law Rising Star (NSW, 2022) and future leading lawyer in this area.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of New South Wales